Epilogue

A/N: (photocredit from the collection of  sunnypajamas , thank you for sharing the picture

A/N: (photocredit from the collection of  sunnypajamas , thank you for sharing the picture.)

Have you ever wondered how different your life will be if you haven't met someone?

Our lives are defined and changed by the choices we make; the people we meet.

Let's just make sure that if we do change, we change for the better. Let's remember, no one is beyond redemption if he so chooses.

To open our epilogue, I'd like to borrow a few lines from the beautiful poem written by RayshelOrtego with the same title 'There Was You'

"Fairy tales and happy endings are not my thing

I'm not Belle with Beast turned into a charming prince

If there was true love, I never really knew

But I prayed for someone to ease my pain

And when I opened my eyes, There Was You."

--------------------

In a not so distant future... let's observe a not-so-typical day in the Faulkerson household. Imagine this as a long, single, continuous shot of a camera, ala-IYAM.

Maine opened the front door and saw the large package, too big, covering the face of her father.

"Dad, ano na naman po ang dala n'yo sa kambal? Hindi pa po namin nabubuksan yung huling regalo n'yo!"

"Bakit ba? All is fair in love and war. Hindi porke nagdecide kayong mag-asawa not to join the company e susuko na ko. Computed ko na, by the time I turn 73, 18 years old na sila. Old enough to be trained."

"Dad, come on! Nasa payroll at accounting pa rin kami as consultant and vendor."

"Not too old to learn my lessons in the past. Just laying my foundation early. Asaan ba yung dalawa?"

She was about to answer when Ryzza came running down the stairs, crying.

"Ate Meng, yung kambal! Sinira yung project ko. Ang tagal-tagal kong ginawa yon."

"Bakit mo kasi iniwan sa room nila? Alam mo namang disaster ang madaanan nung dalawa."

"E nung una nanonood lang sila e. Nag-CR lang ako, pagbalik ko, sira na!"

"O huwag ka nang umiyak. Patulong ka na lang pagbalik ni kuya mo. Saglit lang dad, ayusin ko lang."

"Pagalitan mo lang, huwag mong paluin, 4 years old pa lang yang dalawa! Ganyan ka rin kakulit nung bata ka!" shouted Daddy V after her.