55 - Adjustments

A/N: Feeling ko kahapon 'the boy who cried wolf' po ako because of the 'Unknown to them...' line, hindi mapaniwalaan na wala talagang cliffhanger, hahaha! Sorry po!

To manage expectations, there will be a final conflict (sa isip pa lang po, nothing written yet, hand to mouth po tayo), but for the next 2-3 chapters, we will focus on their adjustments as a married couple. Choppy este, copy? Copy.

Now, di naman po sa nagfifish, pero magfifish na rin from our married readers, both gals and guys. If you can share (wala pong pilitan ito hehehe) brief and general statements of your major adjustments when you were newlyweds. We'll try and see (try na, see pa) if we can incorporate them in our remaining chapters.

Unknown to them..... Joke lang po lola!

-------------------------

Maine opened the house with her key. The workers will be arriving soon. She woke up late since it was already past midnight when they arrived from Zambales. She knows Richard was not too happy with her decision not to move in with him right away, but she prevailed upon him.

She looked at the wedding ring that she started wearing again this morning. Will this pacify him? Okay, they are not celebrities, but still.

They couldn't have expected 'everyone' they know to have read that news item. Not 'everyone' reads broadsheets, both online and print, let alone the business section.

Maine sighed as she tidied up the living room that they will start to work on today, Friday. She was gone for three days.

Ate Kai was able to cover for her when she was out but they had to declare a 'non-working-holiday' yesterday because they were both in Zambales.

No movements yet. Ibig sabihin, tulog pa siya.

She can continue with her 7am thoughts. How will they explain the 'secret marriage'? Should they just say that they were just recently married? Because how would you account for the fact that they live separately for the past year and a half?

Alangan namang ikuwento namin ang detalye sa lahat ng magtatanong? 'Ah kasi po si Joon-mo'? 'Sinong Joon-mo?' 'Ganito po kasi yon...' Ano ba yan! Isulat ko na lang kaya sa papel tapos kapag mag nagtanong, ipabasa ko na lang?

Maine took a peek at Richard's office which she has seen only a few times. The screensaver are running on both the dual large monitors of his workstation. And papers all over his table.Plus dirty cups and empty bag of chips. Not healthy food. Nakailang kape kaya 'to?

Okay, one thing she can't abide is a work table that is not organized. So being the good wife she planned to be, Maine started tidying up her husband's table and work area, gathering the papers, magazines scattered over the table. They have to talk about 'house rules if she's to move in.

A/N: U-oh! Red flag.

After washing the dishes, Maine looked into the two rooms, which has a common bathroom. The two rooms were almost done. She was told the furniture for mamang's room or the main guest room will be delivered today. Sana magustuhan niya when she visits.

She can hear the humming of the air-condition unit from the master bedroom. She was about to turn the knob but hesitated. Ayaw niyang ma-istorbo tulog niya. Anong gagawin ko? Puwede naman siguro, mag-asawa na kami, diba?

She slowly turned the knob and almost closed it again. What are you expecting, pajama tops? At least he's decent. Shirtless but decent. Get used to it, Maine!

Making sure that she's not making any noise, Maine tip-toed barefooted on the wooden floor and sat on the bed to watch him sleep. She will not grow tired watching him sleep. He really looks like an angel. A frowning angel. She hover her finger and traced the shape of his face.