44 - It's Complicated

A/N: Another raw update. Apologies in advance.

Maine's initial reaction is to tell him to leave and bring those damn plans with him. "Let's look at the plans, then. But I'm not promising anything."

"Fair enough. I didn't bring the actual plans but just the soft copy." He opened his laptop to show first the perspective drawings of the architect. He noticed that she sat across him on the table and not beside him. Whatever.

"Speaking of architect, hindi ba magagalit yung architect mo? Baka may pinili na siyang gagawa ng Interior Design ng bahay mo." Bakit parang may kurot sa puso yung 'bahay mo'. Haay Meng, umayos ka!

He shrugged and took a sip of his coffee. "I don't like who he's suggesting. I think I have the prerogative to choose."

She studied the perspective drawing. Stone, glass and wood? "But why me? Mag-Google ka lang, ang dami mong makikitang options na mas may track record." She asked without looking at him. Sige Maine, magpabebe ka pa. What are you fishing for?

"I've seen your work. Huwag mo lang gawing laruan ng mga bata tulad sa school. Okay, let's just say I have preference for the underdogs. You're a start-up business. Same as myself. Plus, I don't want somebody who has a lot of track record but who's going to act as if they own the place and who thinks they have the monopoly for good ideas. Have you designed a whole house, including the garden and surroundings?" Richard was amused as Maine adjusted her glasses and bit her lip in concentration as she scanned the pages of the plan. You're not amused. This is insane!

"No, I haven't done a whole house. This is going to be the first time, if ever." Her phone started ringing and saw who's calling. "Excuse me. I just need to answer this call. This is my next client who's coming to the office. Baka urgent. Okay lang?"

And I don't have appointment. "Of course. No problem."

Maine stood up and walked to the other side of the office and turned her back on him.

"Yes, Kevin. It's all set. I have the proposal with me and Ate Kai is getting the swatches of materials that you can look at...... Yes, the wallpaper for your office."

"Hahahaha! I don't think so.... I'm afraid the old furniture has to go. I have a friend who's into custom made and personalized furniture. Or we can consider ergonomic set.... Okay, I'll check my calendar and see if we can squeeze in dinner this week."

Maine heard movements and when she turned around, Richard is all set to leave.

"Wait Kevin, just a sec."

"You're leaving?"

"I just realized that I have a meeting in Makati two hours. Baka ma-late."

"What's the next step? I need to study the plan and see the place."

"My schedule is full for the next few days. Mukhang ikaw rin. If you can squeeze me in your calendar, i left the number in the office where you can coordinate the schedule. I'm going ahead. Bye."

Okay, office number but not your personal number.  "Okay, bye! Thanks for the coffee!" He was already out, and taking the stairs two steps at a time.

"Sorry Kevin. That was a walk-in client. But sure, let's do dinner. I know that your wife has to approve the design. Sayang di siya makakasama ngayon. Give my regards to Kate and the kids. See you later."

A/N: Okay, mukhang natututo na ring tumalon si Ritsard. Luksong-baka pa lang naman.

--------------------