Chapter 49: Everything Has Changed, I Wanted More.

Song: Long Night by With Confidence

"But I remember the nights when you'd lie with me
Where we'd talk and we'd touch and we'd fall asleep
I wake up in your arms and I'd feel at ease
But now its just me and I lie awake
And I toss and I turn and I see your face
When I wake from a dream it won't go away

Oh, it's gonna be a long night."

-------------------
I love rain when I can sit in my room with a cup of tea or coffee and a good book.

            Not when I'm running late for school and need caffeine so I'm not the world's biggest bitch, even though I feel like it already. It's been two weeks since I found out about Jasper being part of Victoria's plan and another since I've seen him. I try not to think about him too much, but it happens whether I want it to or not.

            As I pull open the door to rush in, someone opens it at the same time and we nearly bump. They juggle their coffee along with an arm full of books. "Gosh, I'm so sorry," I rush while trying to help.

            "Ella?"

            I raise my head to meet the person's gaze. It's Kameron. The boy I went on a date with and the brother of the guy that wanted me for different reasons. "Oh, hey." I smile.

            "Hey." He returns my smile and bows to pick up a book I had dropped. "How are you doing?"

            "Fine," I reply, taking the book and stepping inside so the door shuts behind me. "How have you been? How's school going?"

            "Good. Had to pull an all-nighter and now I'm paying for it." He lifts his coffee and takes a sip. "It's good seeing you again."

            I nod in agreement. "Yeah, you too."

            "We should catch up some time soon," he says, moving around me. "You still have my number, right?"

            "Uh, yeah, I still have it. Maybe soon."

            He smiles and tilts his head in a small nod. "Stay warm."

            I muster up the best smile I can and wave as he walks out the door.

            Kameron's not a bad person. He's never been a bad person. It was nice seeing him again though. But if there's one person I'd rather be with right now, it's Jasper. I feel like I'm the one that messed up because of miscommunication. I'm embarrassed over the situation. I've been acting terribly towards him and I just miss him.

            I thought if we didn't talk, I'd eventually stop thinking about him and things would go back to the way they were before I met him. Things have really changed. I don't even feel like I'm living the same life anymore.

            The thing I miss the most is the friendship I had developed with Jasper. He was someone I could talk to or someone I could go to if I'm having a bad day and his smile instantly makes me day better. Sometimes he'd even listen to me babble about books and spend hours on end in a bookstore. I miss having him close enough to touch. I miss listening to him get excited over stupid computers, but also irritated at his dad because he won't get a new one.

            I miss Jasper.

            Once I get my coffee, I pull the hood of my jacket back up and make a run for it towards my car. My thoughts of Jasper are cut short and I start it up so I can get warm.