chapter 18

Harry had never left Zayn's mind.

Zayn has been contemplating calling him but he knows that's the worst possible thing he could do. It would be so easy to just fall back to the way things were before, falling for Harry again would be so easy and Zayn isn't even sure he ever fell out of love with the boy.

He wants to call him and meet him, he really does but he knows that he can't. He thinks of Louis and how things are so good right now, he's going to be a father soon in a couple of months and things are going great.

But sometimes he feels a void in his heart that he thinks can only be filled by Harry.

So he decides to delete Harry's number that he worked so hard to get, no matter how painful it is, he has to do it.

He looks at the contact, his hand tracing the delete button.

"I should hear his voice one last time," he convinces himself. He presses the dial button and listens to it ring.

But Harry doesn't answer.

So he sees it as fate; it wasn't meant to be.

...

"You're asking too much from me, baby," Zayn tries to reason with his crying husband. "I can't stop going to work just to stay with you every day."

"I'm asking for my emotionally unavailable husband to spend time with me, that's all I fucking want!" He complains. "If it means not going to work, then fine."

"You know I can't do that."

Louis starts crying again. "You don't love me anymore."

"Of course I do," he tries to remain calm, knowing that it's just his husbands hormones that are making him act this way.

"No... you don't. You used to surprise me with flowers when we were newly weds. You'd cook me dinner even though you didn't have to. You did all these little things and now you don't anymore. You only talk about the baby with me." He confesses.

"Lou... I can start doing them again," he says.

"No... you can't force these things to happen, they just do. Face it Zayn, we lost our spark." Louis says. "After we have this kid, our marriage would be gone."

...
Harry's just done with his last class for the day and he's going back to the apartment he owns when he sees him.

"You've got to be kidding me," he says, not sure if he should go hug the man or run away. "Zayn, are you stalking me?"

"Only a little," he admits. "You look...breathtaking."

Harry blushes, he doesn't mean to. "What are you doing here?"

"I usually check colleges in my free time," he says. "I'm kidding, I'm here for you."

"Well go back to where you came from, you can't have me," he says.

"You're bolder now," he notices. "I quite like it."

"Yeah, without you making me feel worthless it's pretty easy," he says.

Zayn looks hurt.

"I treated you like shit and nobody deserves that," he starts. "I know I can't make up for it but can you give me a chance?"