chapter 2

Harry lay naked sated, his head rested on Zayns chest while Zayn plays with his hair.

"I think that was the best sex we've ever had," Zayn comments.

Harry giggles. "You say that every time!"

"And I mean it every time," Zayn replies, kissing Harry on his forehead. "Everything is so amazing with you."

Harry blushes. "You always know the right thing to say,"

"Really? Half the time, I think I sound like an idiot," Zayn replies. "We should shower now."

Harry yawns, closing his eyes. "I think I'd rather just sleep."

"Harry..." His voice sounds strained. "I wish you could, but you know you can't."

"Oh..." It feels like he's just been doused with cold water. Every time this happens to him. He always forget about the other guy, he let's himself get forgotten in a domestic bliss. He hears Liams words in his head.

He loves fucking you.

"I wish it could be different," Zayn says.

"It could be..." His voice is almost a whisper but Zayn hears it. "This could be us everyday."

Harry pictures it. With Louis out of the picture, he could move in to the penthouse with Zayn. Zayn would drop him off for classes, they'd have sex in the morning, they'd cuddle, they wouldn't have to hide anything. Zayn can just make that happen with a snap of his fingers, but he wouldn't.

"You know that's not possible!" Zayn snaps. "I hate it when you do this, you're putting me in a tight situation."

He's never going to leave Louis for you.

"I-I didn't say anything," he stutters.

"You didn't have to," Zayns voice is softer now. "I can tell what you're thinking by just looking at you. I know you Harry."

"It's j-just-" he breathes out, unsure of how to say what's on his mind. "Are y-you ever going to leave h-him?"

"I don't know," he replies. Harry feels even worse by Zayns honesty.

"You don't love him," he says, bolder now. "You wouldn't— you wouldn't do this to him if you did."

Zayn flinches. Harry thinks he hit a nerve. "You don't know anything about us. I love you, Harry. That's all that matters."

"It's not enough. It's n-not enough for me," he's crying now. "Leave him, Zayn please. We can be happy together. He doesn't make you happy."

"Harry..." His voice sounds pained. "I-I can't."

Harry nods, he knew the answer already but he just had to fucking ask. Now, he's possibly ruined everything. Zayn loves him, he should accept that and not talk about Louis. He wipes away his tears before getting up and picking his clothes.

"Where are you going?" Zayn quickly sits up on the bed.

"Home," he says.

"D-don't go," Zayns voice is fragile, it almost makes him want to say. But they both know that he can't. It's almost 8 p.m and Louis is usually back by nine.

"You know I can't stay," he says.

"You're upset."

"I-I'm not," he's disappointed in himself for letting this happen. He let Liams voice get to him. "I expected this. You're married, of course you won't leave your husband."

"I love you more than you can imagine," he says. "I can't let you go Harry. Please don't make me choose."

"I'm not," he says. He can't make Zayn choose because there's a chance he wouldn't be chosen. Zayn loves him and little love is better than no love at all. "I'm tired, I have a test tomorrow. I need to sleep."

"Okay," he can almost hear Zayn sigh in relief. "I'll drop you home."

"You don't have to," Harry says, but Zayn is already dressing up. "Louis won't see you when he comes back."

"You're more important Harry," Zayn says.

...

A/n- so this is a really suckish way to end a chapter.
Oh and Harry is a college student in this book and Zayn is like eight years older than him. (He's twenty seven do the math) idk I obviously have a thing for older Zayn.
Please vote and comment if you're reading this. Ily guys.