I hummed out a tune as I played a game on my phone and Harry laughed quietly.

"I have surgery in an hour, so you probably won't see me for a while. There's a button on the wall for the nurses. If you feel anything out of the ordinary press that button."

I stood up and walked to Harry, plopping down on his lap. I looped my arms around his neck, smiling sweetly.

"Stop worrying. I feel fine."

The sides of his lips twitched up and I grinned before leaning in to kiss him softly.

I felt a pang in my chest as my heart rate increased, but I didn't mention it, nor did I stop kissing Harry.

His lips were always so soft. I loved it.

He circled his arms around my waist, steadying me as we kissed.

We parted for air and he gazed up at me fondly.

"I love you." He murmured.

"I know." I giggled. "I love you too."

He somehow managed to type on his computer with me still in his lap. I didn't understand anything he was doing, most of it was 3D diagrams of hearts and other heart surgeon related things.

"Babe, I have to go now." Harry sighed.

I reluctantly got up and returned to the couch after giving him a good luck kiss.

He left soon after and I decided to play on my phone some more. An hour passed and I got bored so I strolled down to Ally's room.

She was sitting up in bed with her teddy bear beside her and and a book in her hands. She seemed to be reading to the bear. It one of the cutest things I had ever seen.

"Hi Ally." I smiled warmly.

"Louis!" She squealed.

I sat on her bed and she hugged me tightly.

"What were you reading?"

"Dr. Seuss." She giggled. "I love the rhyming words."

"My mum read me his stories before bed every night when I was young." I admitted.

My mum may have abandoned me like everyone else but that didn't mean she was a terrible person.

Ally tugged her beanie down and I noticed she shivered so I grabbed a blanket from a nearby chair and covered her with it.

She thanked me quietly, but I could tell she was embarrassed. She had lost even more weight and her skin was so pale, but she was still so optimistic. I wished I was like her.

**

Harry's POV

I carefully sliced open my patient's chest and proceeded to insert the pacemaker on the left side of his chest.

"Clamp." I called.

Two hours later I stitched up the man's chest and the room cheered. I clapped along, smiling. I disposed of my apron, gloves, and cap then washed my hands.

I was exhausted after standing for two hours so I went back to my office hoping hoping to cuddle with Louis, but he wasn't there. I was too tired to go and find him so I laid on the couch and closed my eyes.

Not long after I felt a body squirming on the couch and trying not not to fall off by pressing closer to me.  I recognized the person as Louis when he sighed in frustration.

I opened my arms and he muttered something before getting closer and throwing a leg over my hip. The couch was small so we had to be pressed against each other. Not that either of us minded.

"How did your surgery go?" Louis asked quietly.

"As expected." I sighed. "Everything went fine."

"That's good." Louis murmured.

I hummed  in response and nuzzled my face against Louis’ neck. “ ‘M tired.” I mumbled pitifully.

“Then sleep.” Louis chuckled.

I snuggled into his side and sighed contently. I eventually drifted off into a relaxing sleep. Louis was an excellent pillow.

**

I woke up two hours later and stretched before putting on my white coat. I placed my stethoscope back around my neck. Louis was watching me from the couch.

I ran my hands through my hair, trying to fix it somewhat and then I shuffled over to Louis. He yawned as I bent down to kiss his forehead. It was almost nine PM so I grabbed the blanket from my desk chair and spread it over his body.

“I’ll be back in a little while. Get some sleep.”

He lifted his head to capture my lips in a sweet kiss and I returned it.

When I was finally able to tear myself away I checked on all my patients and adjusted medicine where it was needed. By the time I finished another two hours had passed and Louis had fallen asleep. I sat at my desk with a heavy sigh and began filling out paperwork and sorting through my notes.

Around 3 AM I had to leave to assess a patient who had been admitted. He had been shot in the chest, but the bullet had missed his heart so he was passed on to the general surgeon.

I was going over some notes when a small whimper came from the couch. I looked over curiously and got up to go see what was wrong.

Louis’s eyes fluttered open and he croaked my name.

“What is it baby? What’s wrong?” I cupped his cheek, concern dripping from my voice.

“It hurts.” He whined.

I immediately knew what he was talking about and I ripped my stethoscope off my neck and scrambled to listen to his heart. My breathing quickened when I realized how erratic the beats were, despite the ICD.

I ran to the button and pushed it then dropped to my knees beside Louis, fear pummeling through me. “I need you to stay calm okay? Can you do that for me?” I felt tears welling in my eyes.

“What’s happening?” He looked so scared and I felt a pang in my chest.

I grabbed his hands and entwined out fingers, squeezing gently.

“You’re having a heart attack.”

****

A/N Dun Dun Dun!!! Cliff hanger’s are my fav, except when I read them, so sorry. I’m also sorry if this was crappy. I had to force myself to write this. Writer’s block sucks -.-
Feedback? -Claire