Chapter 12

Louis' POV

I waited anxiously in my hospital bed, biting my nails to pass the time. The hand on the clock couldn't move any slower as it ticked closer to 9:00. That's when Harry's shift started.

It's not going to go any faster if you stare at the clock. I rolled my eyes and forced them towards the small TV. Dexter was on again, and I began to get absorbed in it.

"Louis?" My lips turned into a large grin when I heard Harry's voice. I clicked the off button on the remote and turned to face him. His hair was perfectly styled, unlike mine which was messy.

"Hi," I giggled, suddenly turning shy. Harry chuckled and took a step closer.

"Are you doing any better ever since the ICD?" I watched his boots as he walked towards me slowly. The chair squeaked a bit as he sat down.

"Actually... I've been feeling a lot better," I admitted, staring into his curious green eyes. He smiled widely, clutching my small hand in his large one.

"I'm so happy for you Lou. You're doing so well." Harry praised, and I blushed, staring at our intwined hands. I was doing better. I felt a sadness in my chest when I flashed back to when I was too sick to even sit up.

"Thanks," I said quietly. Then I felt his fingertips lightly brushing my chin, tilting my head up.

"Do you maybe want to go home? You must be tired of this hospital room," he scrunched up his nose adorably. I widened my eyes, shocked.

"Seriously?" I let my mouth hang open. I would love to go home...

But I don't have anywhere to go. I told Harry this, and he offered me the sweetest thing.

"You could live with me," he shrugged his shoulders, his eyebrows raised slightly.

"Really?" I gasped, my heart racing. He nodded, a smirk on his face.

"I love you." I wrapped my arms around his neck and he scooted the chair even closer to my bed.

"I love you," he replied, rubbing our noses together softly. I giggled as I felt his small breaths on my lips.

"What's so funny?" Harry laughed, staring into my eyes. I shook my head, smiling softly. All I could do was look into the intense green and wonder how he was mine. But my thought process was interrupted when he pressed his lips against mine, moving them softly. We kissed, closed-mouth and sweet, for about 2 minutes before we pulled apart.

"You're amazing," I breathed, looking up at him through heavy lids. His cheeks were flushed and his eyes were sparkling.

"Live with me. Just while you're healthy," Harry added. He was excited, and it made me excited as well.

"Okay." I leaned in to kiss him again, wanting to taste him again. This time, though, we really kissed. I nipped softly on his bottom lip until he actually let me slip my tongue in his mouth. I shivered slightly as he wrapped his tongue around mine, sucking lightly. Our lips moved together in the rhythm of our matching breaths, and I savored the taste of his lips.

"You have goosebumps," Harry mumbled into my mouth, running his fingertips across my bare arm. It sent chills through my body and I shuddered, letting out an uneven breath. Harry moaned loudly as I ran my fingers through his soft hair, tugging on the curly strands.

"Don't be so loud Harold," I smirked as he struggled to be quiet despite my hair pulling. Then I took one hand out of his curly locks and placed it underneath his lab coat, stroking my fingers across his side.