Chapter 2

Okay guys this is @uniquelyxlarry ! Or my real name is Kayla:) I hope you like this chapter I did my best!

Harry's POV

"Excuse me, Dr. Styles, wake up. Your shift starts in an hour," A nurse shook my shoulder softly, and I opened my tired eyes.

"Oh, sorry," I mumbled very unprofressionally.

She gave me a small smile and left the on-call room. Yesterday came flooding back to my thoughts and brought a grin to my face. I couldn't wait to see Louis again.

I ran my hands through my wild curls, trying to tame them. After I had fully prepped myself and gotten ready for the long day, I stepped out of the room into the white hallways of the hospital. It took me about a minute to get to Room 118, where I knew the blue eyed boy was waiting. Those eyes were the only things on my mind last night, they were just so pretty.

Just as I was about to knock on the door it opened and hit me softly. I stumbled back and chuckled as I saw that Nurse Ella was the one who had opened it. "I'm so sorry!" she apologised, covering her mouth. But we both ended up laughing a little bit before she left me and Louis alone.

Sitting down in the chair, I nodded to Louis. "How are you feeling today?" I asked him, hoping for a good answer.

He shrugged a little before mumbling quietly, "Same." I frowned at him in sympathy and gave him a quick pat on the shoulder. The corners of his mouth turned up for a few seconds before returning to the permanent scowl from earlier. He looked absolutely miserable.

"How long have you been trying to find a heart?" I asked softly.

"A couple years," he whispered, barely audible. It broke my heart to see someone so sad. I wanted to fix him, to hug him and tell him he's not alone, that it would get better. But I couldn't, because any smart doctor would know that the chances of finding a heart were pretty slim.

"I'll try my best Louis, I will." I cleared my throat. Just as I got up to leave, Louis took my hand softly to stop me.

"Where are you going?" He whined, eyes wide. I raised my eyebrows in confusion. Didn't he know that I had other patients?

"Well, I have to check on the other people too, it's my job," I frowned. He looked at the wall and gulped quietly. What he didn't know was that despite the fact that I loved my job, I would rather sit here all day and talk to him, keep him company.

He seemed so lonely.

***

"Hello?" I mumbled into my phone as I adjusted my coat. I had just got done checking up on the man I had performed surgery on the day before. He was doing much better than yesterday, but he was still under lots of medication.

"Harry? Would you like to go to lunch with me if you're on break?" My mum's soft voice questioned over my iPhone.

"Yes, I would love to!" I exclaimed, happy for a quick break from this hospital.

"Well, we're going to Amaya. I kind of already made reservations for us," my mother said shyly.

Amaya was one of the fanciest restaurants in London. But it didn't really matter because both my mum and I had lots of money. She was a doctor and my father was a plastic surgeon. I guess that's why I was known as one of the best doctors around.

"I'll meet you there." I smiled and mumbled a quick goodbye before hanging up. I had about 10 minutes to spare before I actually had to leave, so I thought I might as well pay Louis a visit.

When I walked into the bright room I saw Louis sleeping soundly with his head resting on the comfortable hospital pillows. I didn't want to wake him so I walked as quietly as I could to his bedside, sitting on the small red chair.

His mouth was slightly open, little breaths coming out. I looked a little closer and saw that he had high cheekbones, and some stubble on his chin. He looked incredibly peaceful and handsome when he was asleep. Of course he also did when he was awake and you could view his vibrant blue eyes.

"Why are you staring at me?" he mumbled, his eyes still shut. I jumped back in surprise at his voice, which was quite feminine.

"I'm, I'm not I'm just checking your heart levels," I lied, stumbling on my words. He smirked and finally opened his eyes.

"Dr. Styles, I could feel you staring at me. Why were you staring at me? There's not even a good view," he scrunched his nose up and looked down.

The fact that he didn't think he was good looking took me by surprise. He was probably the most gorgeous person I'd ever seen. I shook my head at him and didn't think before replying, "Yes there is."

You're not supposed to flirt with your patients, I thought. But then again, I was just trying to make him feel better. He had no friends and family; he was lonely. I was doing the right thing.

Louis ignored me and instead closed his eyes and whispered, "Can I be alone?" I nodded even though he couldn't see me. I had to go anyway. So I gave him a quick goodbye before hastily leaving the room.

***

"So Harry, how's work going?" My mum asked after taking a bite of her grilled chicken salad. We were at the restaurant in a booth that was much too big for only 2 people.

"It's going well. I actually just conducted a successful surgery yesterday!" I bragged, explaining all the details. She nodded in approval and began to tell me about what was happening at home. Gemma just returned from her trip to America, where she was visting her boyfriend.

"She can't wait to see you," she added, dabbing at her mouth with a napkin.

"Yeah, me too. I haven't been home in a while. But maybe you could visit my cabin?" I asked hesitantly.

I lived in a small cabin by myself just outside the city. It only took me about 15 mintues to get to the hospital though, so it was in the perfect spot. It was surrounded by woods and it was very peaceful. I loved my house.

I got a smile and a nod in return, which made me sigh in relief. I should've known that she would agree to visit; she always tried to make me happy.

I checked my watch and frowned a little before looking at back at my mum. "I have to return to work soon," I sighed sadly, and she waved a waitress over to give us the check. Each meal was $40.00, but I payed for both against my mother's protests.

After giving her a quick hug, I grabbed my coat and hastily walked to my car. I couldn't wait to see Louis again.

Okay guys I hope you liked it! This is my first time writing in this story, and I'm really nervous because _Lovin1D_ is such an amazing writer and I'm trying my best to match up with her on here haha :) I already love this story<3 ~Kayla