V

Third POV

"I don't have much time left here with you, Nari."

Yoongi's words hung in mid air for a while, still not finding Nari's ears-or so she'd wished. No one said anything as Nari froze in place, her eyes flickering in attempt to keep the moisture building up at bay.

"Don't lie Yoongi, it's not good for you," was all she said. Of course she couldn't believe what he had said in that too-serious voice of his. She couldn't believe him. He's just gotten back, was he really going to leave again?

Nari gripped her chopsticks harder, looking at Yoongi to the side a little while waiting for an answer. She hoped for Yoongi not to say anything at all, or brush it off with a laugh, reassuring her. Though the look in his eyes and slight tremble in his breathing, she prepared herself for his words.

"I'm serious Nari." He smiled sadly. There they are...

Blinking fast, Nari furrowed her brows. It hit her hard, what he'd said. How could it not? Since she fell in love with Yoongi in her small dorm room seemingly made for them, she pictured a near impossible life with him by her side. They'd have an apartment in the city together and work close to eachother. Everything was reality for now, but how could she have hoped for the impossible in the first place?

Nari let out a small cough in her throat and took a small, quick breath. "It doesn't matter, now eat," she nudged Yoongi's elbow with hers and continued eating. Yoongi knew she was trying to ignore the horrible fact that had been brought to life, and he played along.

It's said that in historical paintings, where the subject is facing death or another tragedy, the background if full of other people who are ignorant to what is going on. The painter does this to emphasise the tragedy happening, and this is what Nari felt like. Though she felt as if a spear had been planted right through her delicate skin, the pain in her chest didn't matter to the two boys outside of the convenience store walking by as they were oblivious to her feelings. To everyone else, it didn't matter that the boy she was in love with was going to disappear.

They were mere background subjects of her tragedy.

Yoongi and Nari sat side by side for another several minutes in silence, Nari abandoning the rest of her ramen once she'd had enough. Yoongi followed shortly after and sighed deeply.

"Wanna go?" Nari nodded and forced a smile towards the beautiful boy next to her.

The pair left the convenience store shortly after throwing away their things and Yoongi stuck by Nari's side closely the entire time, his hand holding hers tightly. He was glad he had, Nari's steps faltering suddenly as they exited the confined space of the artificially lit store.

She stumbled and gripped Yoongi's arm hard, her breathing ragged all of a sudden. It was inevitable, that the walls keeping her mind at bay would collapse-as did she. Yoongi followed her as she fell to her knees and the tears shed held in poured from her once hopeful eyes. The pain in Yoongi's chest too, made him want to sit and cry, but he held it in and helped Nari up to sit on the bench outside of the store.

"T-t-this isn't f-fair!" Nari choked out through her crying. Not many people were around but a few people were caught by Nari's crying and spared a glance on their way to wherever they were going. Yoongi paid no attention to them and hugged Naris small body.

She didn't reject his comfort and wrapped her arms around him, his soft hoodie warming her now cold body. Despite their situation, being in Yoongi's embrace made her feel a hundred times better, which made her just a little more sad in contrast.