IV

Yoongi's POV

Three days. Three days since that dream had been stamped into my memory and left to sink into every fibre of my brain. I didn't know if it's relevance back then, but every time I looked at my hand I was reminded of just how real it was.

The man in my dream, I'd finally remembered who he was. Before I came back to life, he was the one who'd granted me my ever-growing wish. The man in the light.

Yet he brought no light to me this time.

He was right in the sense of fate and nature. All good things must come to an end, I know that now.

I sighed a deep yet quiet sigh and looked at Nari, who faced away from me next to the stove. I loved watching her cook, even though she wasn't the best at it I admit. The other day she even set a piece of toast on fire and I can't begin to think of how she managed that. My clumsy Nari...

As I sat, my eyes travelled down to my lap quickly, where my left hand flickered in and out of translucency. The sight made my stomach churn.

Why now...

"You okay?" I blinked away the thoughts I had and looked back up to Nari.

"Oh, y-yeah. Are you done already?"

"Huh? Oh, wait." Nari's eyes went wide all of a sudden before she spun back around to the pot behind her. I laughed as she made weird noises at the ramen she was cooking and stood up to see what she'd done.

"Aish!"

"What-" I couldn't stop the laugh that escaped my throat when I looked at the small pot. The noodles had doubled in size and Nari had actually managed to fuck up the ramen in which I snickered. "How'd you even do that?"

"Shut up."

There was no use in trying again, the fact that she can't cook ramen giving me the perfect idea of her cooking abilities for future reference. I thought about my own cooking skills and felt my head tilting a bit. I guess I'm no better...

"Let's just go out. Leave that." I reached over to turn the stove off and dragged Nari away from the kitchen, her footsteps clumsy behind me.

"What? But it's almost 12," her protests were useless against my grip on her small hand and as we got to our room I let go of her to get us jackets. A black hoodie hung from her closet and I grabbed another wind breaker jacket for her to wear.

"Here," I handed her the clothes and she didn't hesitate to put them on.

"Where are we going?"

I shrugged and pulled on my own hoodie and a beanie.

"Wherever the night takes us my darling," I sang. Nari laughed and I almost physically felt my ears melting at the pretty sound.

"Let's go."

Third POV

"I guess the night didn't take us too far." Nari and Yoongi sat by the window of the convenience store down the road from their apartment, two massive bowls of instant ramen in front of them.

Yoongi gave up on thinking of a better place to go after they'd gotten to the lobby of their apartment building and amazed Nari at his dining choice. "But at least I got to take you out. Aren't I lucky?" Yoongi wooed Nari and she laughed.

"Whaaa, of course you are." The shorter girl boasted jokingly. Yoongi couldn't agree more, and snuck glances at her from the side. One thing Yoongi had noticed about Nari was the way she ate ramen. Unlike most girls, she didn't care what she looked like, she ate well.

"Ahh my Nari eats so well," Yoongi patted Nari's lowered head and she gave him a cute eye smile, her cheeks full.

Yoongi laughed a little and ate his ramen too, his cheeks pink from the steam of the noodles and the smile Nari gave him moments before.

It was times like this he knew were going to be his favourite with her. Stuff that doesn't take much energy and effort, things you can do everyday or even just a specific smile or laugh shot at one another. He wasn't even a huge fan of the specific instant ramen pack he was eating but the whole situation make the hairs on his arms stick up with anticipation. He couldn't wait to keep doing things with her.

His thoughts about Nari didn't last long, only a mere minute, until his cheeks dismissed the pink layer over them while going back to their usual sugary white. The hairs on his arms weren't sticking up for the right purpose anymore, a sudden chill overflowing his skin. He couldn't ignore his eyes as they spotted his hand-or more like didn't and though this time wasn't like the last time it had happened and Yoongi stopped eating abruptly. The strange effect had crawled up his arm, no longer limited to his now trembling fingers and palm.

How long can I keep this from her?

"You okay Yoongi?" The black haired boy didn't move.

Thoughts were fighting amongst themselves within his head and he couldn't decide what to say until inevitably, he showed her a sad smile, dropping his chopsticks into his bowl. He didn't look directly at her yet, only staring at the messy noodles in the muggy broth below him.

"Nari?" She looked at Yoongi questioningly and set her own chopsticks down. She knew something was wrong since that morning but didn't know what.

"Yeah?" She was hesitant and Yoongi didn't blame her for he'd been hesitant over the past few days. He had to tell her, keeping it from her would only make it all worse for them, he concluded. He wanted to frown but kept his small smile, looking at Nari finally.

"I don't have much time left here with you, Nari."

A/N: minfires shocks y'all with a second (stupidly short) update, yes. also, yoongs is hiding summin am i rite?!?2/ doesn't he look hot in the media... i'm controlling my fingers from smashing profanities on my keyboard about the things i wanna do to him-

anyways i have this weird surge of motivation to write after reading this insanely good yoongi fic on tumblr. wish me luck, with votes (yes im fishing) also look out for the reasoning behind the title in the next chapter (or two)