chapter 37

after three days of locking ourselves in the beach we went home two days ago which is Arthur and I didn't go to work. arthur and I are both happy that we did invite our friends in our little vacation.

ring ring ring

"hello" I yawned answering the call

"kath, meet me at el centro" Matthew's voice sounds worried

"why?" I asked half awaked

"it's Cedi" hearing his name I know something bad had happened I hurriedly change my clothes and get my bag, I called a taxi that will bring me to el centro. When I arrive I saw Matthew walking back and forth, his hands were turn to fist.

"thanks God you came" he hugged me tight and bore his face on my shoulder " better talk to that friend of yours or else im gonna kick his balls"

I went to the table where Cedi is and saw all our friends surrounding him "what's wrong?" I asked them Kenneth gestures that he needs me alone so I went to him and we went to an area where we are the only people.

"tell me" I said

"remember the day at the beach when Jenica announced about Elli getting pregnant" I nodded telling him to go on " Cedi, he's not the father" he said

"what? then who?" I asked him shocked

"the last boyfriend Elli had and it wasn't Cedi but Cedi wanted to accept the child and let it call his own" kenneth filled me a lot of information about what really happened and how did Cedi told it to them and how did they stop Cedi from getting involved into.sometimes he shouldn't do.
"you're the only one who can talk to him right now kath, I know you're done with him but please in the name of friendship do it" I doubted if I can do it, I don't control minds all I can do is helping him realized what will be happened if he'll do it.

I went to Cedi who's eyes were now bloodshot because of crying or the tequila really hit him. I hold his hands and slowly squeeze it. He looked up to me and smile, he went to the chair next to mine and hugged me.

"Ced, I know it's hard for you but you need to let her go" I said slowly trying not to catch an attention to anyone.

"you? of all people should understand me, I love her kath, I love her and I want her in my life, I won't take a risk of losing her again" he was sobbing. I didn't let go of his hands I hugged him in his back.

"I know, I know but the father of the baby should know about this, we don't know if he wants the baby himself like you" I said rubbing his back, he looked at me his eyes were tired of crying.

"kath I don't want to lose her,I love her so much and I will do everything just to keep her even keeping the baby too" I didn't force to change his mind all I did was be with him all night and talk about the possibilities of becoming a father, asking if he'll do a baby shower and what will be the name of the baby. At the end I send him back to his apartment and let him lay on his couch.

I didn't saw Elli in his apartment maybe they argued and Elli decided to take a breath outside and she also need to clear up her mind. I texted Arthur that I will be late going home though he's not staying at my apartment, he still need to know my whereabouts.

Arthur trusted me so much that I don't need to get scared that he might get angry why I am with Cedi, we may had a past but Arthur knows I love him, truly and he didn't doubtful it.

"baby, I'm so sorry, I want you back" he really love her that much even our endearment he gives it to her. I walked to the kitchen and grab a basin and a towel to his room and wipe all the dirt he got from the outside.

"what are you doing here?" Elli asked when she arrived and saw me changing clothes of Cedi.

"I was trying to help Cedi" I said getting away from him

"no need I can do it myself" her voice were hard, she was also sobbing, did she cry?

"are you alright el?"

"why'd you care? it's none of your business!" she shouted

"it will affect on the baby" I tried to remain calm though she was shouting on me. She's pregnant and it is normal for her to throw tantrums anytime. She didn't response instead she opened the door and gestures for me to go out. I tried to stay but her eyes was giving me a warning and I'm afraid that if I insisted she might lose her bay because of too much stress so I went out. I looked back but she closed the door.

I could do anything about it. It's their life and yeah she's right it's not my business to interfere, I'll distance myself to them. I called Arthur to get me because I couldn't find a taxi at this hour, lucky for me my boyfriend really understand my situation.

"how are you? you look like you've got the world on your back honey" he said as he drive his car out of the driveway

"I feel tired, I don't know if I'll help them or not but my friends wanted me to help Cedi get out of it" I said leaning on the window

"hon, you're not on Cedi's shoes and if I were Cedi I'll do the same, I love you and even if I'm a risk taker I won't risk losing you, I'd rather keep the baby and have both of you even if the father will get the baby" he kissed the back of my hand while his other hand is on wheel.

"thank you" I didn't talk too much because my body is in pain and I feel dizzy, I really got stressed this day.

«»«»«»«
what will you do if you're on Cedi's shoes?

comment and vote please :-)