Chapter 2: Touring Klub Ice

Ant ran out of his apartment wearing a button up long sleeve shirt and some nice slacks.

"Jessie!" Ant screamed running up to the counter.

Startled, Jessica accidentally threw the keys she was handing to the man, at the man. The man growled at her. "My apologize," Jessica bowed her head. The man picked up his keys and walked around Ant to his room.

"Are you crazy?!" Jessica turned towards Ant.

"Sorry, I didn't mean for you to show a bad example towards a customer," Ant apologized.

"No, I'm sorry. I sounded harsh, but you scared me," Jessica gave a little shove at Ant, "So what is it?"

"I'm going to apply for a job," Ant said excitedly. "Right now?" Jessica asked. Ant nodded. "Where?"

"At this pizzeria called Klub Ice," Ant showed her the info sheet he had made, "It's only a couple blocks away so it's not too bad for a first job in my opinion."

Jessica squint her eyes, re-reading the name. "Klub Ice... oh! I went there as a kid!"

"Really? How is it?" Ant asked, actually curious. "Well it's a huge building for one, and I remember there were animatronics too."

"That's nice," Ant sighed, "Remember any of the names?" Jessica stopped to think for a moment, "No, but I remember my favorite one being one with a furry coat."

"A furry coat?" Ant raised an eyebrow, "Well, I'll keep an eye out for him. See you later."

Ant took his info paper back and ran out the apartment building, leaving Jessica alone in the lobby waving goodbye at Ant.

Ant made his way to Klub Ice, walking on the sidewalk like any respectful human being. Once he got to a light, he turned a left continuing on his sidewalk path. Soon enough, he was met with the glowing name Klub Ice. 'It doesn't seem like a big building' Ant thought as he walked up the short steps to the glass doors.

He walked in and was immediately met with loud music and children cheering and having fun. There was also a very strong pizza smell radiating from the main area.

Ant walked up to the cashier who was slouching on the counter. "How may I help you?" The bored teen asked him. "Uh, i- I came here about the job for hire," Ant stuttered. The counter boy sighed, rubbing his face, "Sorry, but we aren't hiring here."

"Yes you are, look," Ant handed him the piece of paper with the information, "I found this on a news paper job list so I was hoping to get an interview."

The boy read the sheet with unenthusiastic eyes, "Night Watchmen huh? Well, sorry pal. That position has been booked up."

"What?!" Ant yelled, surprised. "Yeah guy, some other guy came in to take the job a week ago. So beat it!"

"Can I at least talk to the manager?" Ant questioned. The counter teen stared at Ant with a "You seriously don't believe what I'm telling you about the job?" kind of look, "Be my guest."

The guy got up from his slouching position and walked out of the counter towards the main area. Ant followed behind him.

The main area had many tables and chairs scattered with kids playing, eating pizza, and waiting patiently near a stage. That's where the animatronics were. The stage had curtains covering the robots from being seen. Then he entered a wide range hallway that had multiple doors and other halls with kids running around in each, all of them having different attractions.

Ant didn't want to question the teen for more info of the rooms since he already seemed annoyed about him wanting to speak to the manager.

"In here," The teen exclaimed, pointing to a closed door labeled manager. Ant gulped, "Y-you want me to go in alone or??"