Chapter 1: Laundry Time

Ant stretched on the hard bed as the sun shined through his window. He would've slept longer if the sun wasn't in his eyes. He groaned as he sat up on his bed, bringing his legs to dangle on the side.

He turned his torso to the left, popping his back. Ant took a satisfying deep breath before popping his back to the right as well.

He got up and walked to his suit case. He opened it and dug through the pile of clothes to find his NES. A smile plastered on his face as he picked it up and plugged it to a near by outlet in the room.

He plopped in the Mario game card, picked up a controler and sat down with his legs crossed, staring at the light yellow wall.

"Oh, right. No television," Ant told himself. He groaned as he uncrossed his legs and rubbed his face, laying back on the floor. "What am I suppose to do now?" He questioned himself.

Then, opportunity knocked on his door. He got up and ran to the door, peeking through the hole available.

It was Jessica, the counter lady.

Ant opened the door for her, "Hello?"

"Morning Anthony," She giggled, letting herself in. "Uh hi?" He rubbed his head in confusion, seeing her walk to the couch, "You can call me Ant."

"I know, but I just wanted to toy with you a little before telling you how this place works," She sat on the couch. Ant closed his door and walked over to her, "How this place works?"

"Yes, that's what I said," She chuckled, "Come on, sit next to me." Ant blushed lightly as he made his way to sit next to her, "Okay then, shoot."

"First which should be obvious, we're not giving you this place for free," She begins, "You have to pay rent each month."

"What?! I don't have money to pay off each month!" Ant slightly panicked. "Don't worry, your father payed off this month," She told him. "Wow, growing up is hard," Ant sighed. "Honey please, I'm a year younger than you and have a job," Jessica laughed.

"Don't judge me," Ant laughed along with her. They laughed together on the couch for a while before finally stopping.

"So, anything else to tell me about?" Ant asked. "Oh, I do!" She remembered, "Take a jog around the area to familiarize yourself. It helps calm new comers."

"Oh really?" Ant raised an eyebrow. "Yup," She said, taking Ant's hand and placing something in it. Ant blushed and held grip of whatever she placed in his palm. She got up and walked away, "Have fun doing laundry."

She exited Ant's apartment, shutting the door with a small click.

Ant opened his palm to reveal some nickels and quarters. He placed a dumbfounded look on his face before realizing what she meant.

With her visit done, he went back to his room and took out the posters in his luggage, leaving only his clothes. He couldn't tell the clean clothes from the dirty clothes apart so he chose to wash all of them.

Picking up his luggage, he left his house letting the door close behind him. He walked past the counter and exited the building all together. Luckily the laundry mat was just across the apartments so he cautiously made his way across the street to the building.

Ant opened the door to the place, welcomed by a bell. He looked up and noticed that a bell was attached to the door. He made his way in, dragging his luggage behind him. It wasn't a busy place since having a washer and dryer at your own home was getting popular.

He walked up to an unused washing machine and took a hard look at it. His mother never taught him anything. She always scolded him for anything he did. If only he had asked his dad how to use one properly.