Prologue: Forced Out

A man sat on his bed while across the room in front of him sat a small television screen flashing colors.

The room was dark, only to be lit by some sun rays peeking through the blinded windows of the teens room.

It was a mess. Dirty clothes lay everywhere, books disorganized, and piles of cans sat in the corner.

Besides the mess, the boy had posters on his walls. From games to movies to random inspirational quotes.

The child moved his fingers on the controler to control the little creature on the box screen of the tv. He was playing his current favorite game, Super Mario Bros for the NES.

He's dressed in a dark outfit consisting of a black shirt with light grey lines on the edge of his long sleeves and torso, crimson red shoes, and his pants had a white line go down his side thigh. Around his neck he wore a plastic jewel he found on sale at the dollar store.

"Oh come on! I almost had it that stage," Ant whined over the loss of his Mario character falling into a hole.

Suddenly, a knock on his door startled him.

Ant casual reached for a soda that was not too far from him and cracked it open, "The door is open. You can come it."

The door opened slightly to reveal a woman around her 40s peek through, then kicked the door the rest of the way open.

"Dear son, what is this mess?!"

Ant, startled, spit out the soda he had in his mouth.

"You're such a pig," Ant's mother walked to the pile of cans and kicked them, making them scatter.

"Was that necessary?" Ant asked her.

"Was it necessary to huddle up these cans here when you have a trash bin in your room?"

Ant looked over at his very own small trash bin in the opposite corner of his room, "That corner was closer."

His mother sighed, "Your father and I want you to move out."

"Haha! Nice joke," Ant laughed before getting back to playing his game.

His mom walked up to the tv and plugged off the cable for the NES console, shutting the game off entirely.

"Hey, I was nearing the end of that level!" Ant complained.

"And you're nearing the end of your stay," She crossed her arms.

"Dad!" Ant yelled out.

"What!" A male voice yelled back.

"Get in here!" Ant screamed, "Mom's being a total bitch again!"

Ant felt sudden pain on his cheek, causing his head to spin right.

"How dare you say those things about me!" His mother yelled at him.

Ant touched his cheek and realized his mom had slapped him.

"Okay honey, calm down and let's tell him rationally," His dad walked in grabbing his wife's hand into his.

"Wait, what?" Ant looked confused at him.

"Ant, we want you out of the house," His dad tried saying it nicely.

"Actually?!" Ant worried, "But why?"

"Because you're nineteen! You graduated high school a year ago and all you've done is stay in your room and play video games!" His mother pointed out his flaws.

"You don't see your friends anymore sweet heart," His dad butt into his wife's ranting, "And we want the best of you."

"What do you want me to do? Get a job."