Skygale

Optimus Prime was eager to retrieve the little femme sparkling he had discovered on Cybertron, wanting to take her back to base and protect her from everything going on around her.

Driving at high speed, the Prime came out of the groundbridge and into a small clearing, the escape pod in the center of it.

Transforming, Optimus walked quickly towards the pod, unable to keep a smile from touching his lips when something came in from the side, hitting him hard and knocking him over.

"Optimus!" Bulkhead cried, running forward to attack Breakdown, who had tackled the prime.

Optimus looked up to see a group of Vehicons followed by Airachnid and Soundwave, come out of the forest to attack the smaller group of Autobots.

"Protect the pod!" Optimus ordered, shooting at the rapidly approaching Vehicons, trying to get in closer to the escape pod, feeling a sense of desperation... Desperation he hadn't felt since, since. Since Elita-1 died in that fateful battle.

Pushing away the terrible memories, the Prime battled through the Vehicons beside Bumblebee, Bulkhead and Smokescreen.

Soundwave watched the Prime fight to get towards the escape pod and he turned to move towards the pod, intercepted by Bumblebee and Smokescreen.

Growling softly within his helmet, Soundwave went into a battle rage that he hadn't had in a long time, beating both Autobots that kept coming back and frustrating him.

Looking up, Soundwave saw Airachnid at the pod, opening it up.

Soundwave let loose a small growl of rage, grabbing the Autobot scout and throwing him out of the way, sending Smokescreen to land atop him.

Moving towards the spider-like femme, Soundwave stopped dead in his tracks when he saw what Airachnid pulled out of the pod.

His HUD was already scanning the small femme sparkling, sending him all of it's physical information as well as the carrier's designation... The carrier was OffRoader. That was his sparkling.

Suddenly, all of the memories that Soundwave had locked away came rushing back to overwhelm his senses. The grief, the pain, the search for his sparkling and mate, the report of his sparkmate being offlined... It all came back.

Soundwave opened his optics to see Airachnid holding the sparkling and made his way to stand behind her in three long strides.

"A little femme sparkling." Airachnid cooed in a sickly sweet voice, touching the sparkling's cheek with a sharp digit, causing it to start crying.

Angered beyond description, Soundwave smashed into the spider femme, jostling her so that she scratched the sparkling's face deeply, dropping it when the bigger mech slammed into her.

Once the Decepticon spider was on the ground, Soundwave was back on his pedes, praying that his daughter wasn't hurt by the fall. He turned to see that the Autobot two-wheeler, who hadn't been in the fight at first, had caught the falling sparkling.

Soundwave tried to reach her but was blocked by Optimus Prime and Bumblebee again.

Snarling in hatred and rage, two emotions that he had forbidden himself from ever feeling, he attacked them as well, trying to bring them down.

Arcee caught the tiny sparkling in her arms. She had come to find Miko and had arrived just in time to catch the femme before she hit the ground.

Venting in relief, Arcee immediately retreated, taking Miko from where she watched, comming Raf to send her a bridge.

The green, white and purple portal materialized in front of her, and she ran inside, carrying both the crying sparkling and Miko.

The other Autobots followed her moments after, the groundbridge closing behind them and locking out their attackers.