Chapter 2

"Optimus!" Ratchet's voice cut through the Prime's thoughts as he made his way over to his friend.

"What is it?" Optimus asked, coming to stand behind the medic.

"There is a relic signal. The Decepticons must've unearthed it." Ratchet announced, turning to look up at the Prime with his cyan optics.

"Bulkhead." Optimus said, turning to the ex-constructicon, "You and Bumblebee come with me." He ordered, turning back to the medic. "Ratchet. Watch the humans."

"Ugh." Ratchet sighed, glaring at the three humans in their rec-room.

The three humans, Jack, Miko and Rafael, had been accepted into the Autobot headquarters due to their discovery by the Decepticons as they witnessed the Cybertronians in action.

"Stuck with us again!" Miko called to him cheerfully, making the mech roll his optics in annoyance.

"Where is Arcee?" Optimus asked, looking around for a moment, then turning his optics onto Ratchet.

"Arcee went for a drive. She's still hurting." The medic answered, soberly.

"We cannot wait." Optimus responded, turning to the two other mechs that waited near the groundbridge. "Bulkhead, Bumblebee, transform and roll out."

Ratchet watched as the three Autobots disappeared into the swirling colours of the groundbridge, turning to the three humans that stood on the stairs leading to their rec-room, watching him curiously.

"So... what's on the activity list?" Jack asked, looking at him with a small smile.

Ratchet snorted, turning to the consoles that kept track of the Autobot life-signals. "I'm standing by in case Optimus needs assistance. You can find something to do that doesn't annoy me."

After several moments of silence, Ratchet relaxed, thanking the Allspark that the humans decided to bother each other rather than him. When Jack's voice broke the silence, his shoulders slumped as he vented in annoyance.

"Jack, what do you want?" He asked, turning around slowly, attempting to not lecture the human boy about bothering him when he was busy.

"Uh, where's Miko?"

Ratchet looked around for a minute before venting again. "That girl is definitely going to be the end of us all." He growled under his breath, muttering Cybertronian obscenities as he contacted the three mechs that were attempting to retrieve the relic. "Optimus. I think you have a straggler."

Sounds of fighting came over the comm. link, and Ratchet listened while he waited for his friend to respond.

"We have a visual." Optimus responded, grunting as the sound of smashing steel came over the comm. link.

"Optimus!" Ratchet called, listening carefully as he looked up at the life-signals. Optimus was online.

"I have her." Bulkhead's voice came over the comm.

"Bulkhead. Have you retrieved the relic?" Ratchet asked, listening to the background noises of battle.

"Not yet. The cons beat us to it." The green mech's voice answered.