40| Helpless and Hopeful

Dedicated to:kiara_hosterman

Thank you so much for your lovely votes and comments! I appreciate each one of them :)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"I hate the feeling when you have to say goodbye to someone you want to spend your every minute with"

~Quotesta

Claire POV

Just a few minutes after I reached home, the sound of the doorbell ringing echoed throughout my house, at around 8pm that evening.

I knew who it was.

He came after me.

Connor had told me that if Logan truly loved me, he would apologize. I knew for a fact that he gets too sentimental when it came to apologies so I decided to tease him a little.

Hiding the amusement and ignoring the butterflies that were raging havoc in my tummy, I pulled the door open very slightly, peeking through the crevice "I'm not talking to you Logan"

To my surprise, he already had a pretty good answer for it. He revealed an iPad from behind his back. When he turned it towards me, there was a blank screen with jet black words written in the center 'I know'

It was as if he already knew what I was going to say.

I pulled the door open completely, intrigued as to what he was up to. The atmosphere that evening was cool; the sky was painted with numerous shades of blue.

I crossed my arms and watched him as he swiped the screen to view another similar image. This time, it said 'I know I'm a douche and I'm extremely sorry. I really am'

He was endeavoring to enact the 'Love Actually' scene but in a pretty technological way.

I pursed my lips to suppress the smile that was staring to form on my lips, admiring how much he was struggling to console me with those cyan shaded puppy eyes.

I crossed my arms as he swiped the screen to the next image, making sure he was being challenged to his best efforts.

'I love you and I trust you with all my heart'

I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ears as a freshening breeze swept over us. Suddenly, there was an alert on the iPad screen that said 'Low battery: 5% battery remaining' and he didn't notice this.

Raising my eyebrows in humiliation, I pointed towards the device "Um...Logan...your battery's kinda low"

A horrified expression invaded his face. The first minute, he looked at me utterly perplexed and the next; he turned the screen towards "Oh boy. Why does this always happen to me?"

I laughed and strolled outside, letting the crisp in the atmosphere invigorate my senses. I got closer to him, touching his cheek with my palm "Hey...it's okay. I forgive you"

"Whenever I try to be romantic, something crazy happens. What a bummer" he shook his head in disgust.

"Don't be disheartened Teddy" I hooked my arms around his neck "I still love you the same"

He placed his iPad on the nearby rack, pressed his lips together into a thin smile and leaned forward to touch our foreheads.

His knuckles ran casually down my cheeks, his other hand banded my waist. With a swift move, he pulled me closer inducing lustful heat in my body. His gaze was buried intently into mine, searching for consent – I gave it to him.