19| Fire and Fury

Dedicated to: @Brynnbently

Thank you for being a sweetheart and your constant votes <3

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Let it hurt, let it bleed, let it heal, let it go"

~Pinterest

Claire's POV

"Best Friends" he replied, in a voice that was deep and husky. A voice that held so many secrets, so many things that were waiting to be spilled.

An aura of uneasiness floated in the air amid us. Even after making up, why did I still feel so empty inside?

It felt as if my heart was trying to reach out for something. Something I couldn't quite understand. But whatever it was, it was out of reach. No matter how much I stretched my arms, even to the point that they hurt, I couldn't attain it, couldn't comprehend it.

Logan was all I wanted at the moment and he was in my arms right then, but there was still a dark, never-ending void in my heart.

I rhythmically tapped my fingers on his lips – the same lips I had once kissed, and I never regretted it. A smile formed on those lips, responding to my sudden gesture. I leaned forward to nuzzle our noses together until my heart was pounding a tattoo against my heart.

The sweet sound of his giggle reached my ears and I felt his fingers lovingly tuck the strands of my hair that fell over his eyes, behind my ear.

I shivered as I felt the tips of his fingers lightly caress the skin behind my ear. His hand trailed down my neck to grip my face as he pulled me closer, his nose tenderly nuzzling my cheek all the while.

We weren't smiling anymore, we were only feeling.

His loving touch ignited a fire in my heart, a blazing inferno that was impossible to put out, until I was left asking for more, and more, and more.

He brought his face closer to mine until his lips lingered a few centimeters away, our hasty breaths mingled, our pounding heart beats aligned. He leaned down closer.

And we suddenly heard the clink of the lock from a distance away.

The door of the bedroom abruptly budged open and we quickly sprang away from each other.

"Logan!" his mom had entered the room "How much do I – Oh hello Claire honey! I haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?"

It took me a few seconds to calm my racing heart down and to try to figure out what Logan and I were doing.

"I-I've been g-great, Mrs. Walker" I stuttered through my throbbing mind and trembling lips.

Her tall posture stood at the door smiling at me, her hands on her waist, glaring at us consciously until Logan broke the silence.

"Do you need something, mom?"

His voice trembled, just like mine. I looked over at him and his chest was heaving, his entire face had turned red.

"Oh right!" Mrs. Walker snapped her fingers in remembrance "There's someone at the door for you, she says she's your friend but I never saw her so I asked her to stay there"

It immediately clicked me.

Natalie bitch.

It had to be her.