30| Apology and Apprehension

Dedicated to:@omg_its_zahu

Thank you so very much for being such a sweet voter and commenter, buddy :) I greatly appreciate your support!!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they're watching their whole world fall apart and all they can do is blankly stare"

~Pinterest

Claire's POV

Adriel and James had walked into the scene and I was tightly wrapped in Adriel's embrace, burying my face in her arms...cursing myself for what I had done.

We sat on the chairs outside the hospital patient room, waiting for the doctor to call us inside and James kept telling me "It's not your fault Claire. It was an accident, you didn't know and you didn't mean for any of this to happen"

Of course I didn't mean it for it to happen.

But it's happened.

I can't undo it.

"He's never going to forgive me" I sniffed, biting my lower lip to prevent myself from crying again. It was hard to even say his name.

Adriel rubbed my back to sooth me but it wasn't helping a bit "He'll forgive you Clairy...he loves you"

"No he fucking doesn't!" I yelled with clenched teeth "He told me that himself, straight to my face"

"What?" Adriel retorted back "When?"

My head was hurting from how long I had been wailing "I'm sorry I didn't tell you Adriel but Logan and I already talked about this a few days ago"

Her eyes widened and she looked at me with utter astonishment in her brown pupils "What happened?"

"I confessed to him, that's what happened. I told him I was in love with him" I swallowed a painful lump in my throat "And he rejected saying that he didn't love me back"

I realized it must've have proven as a complete shock to Addy - knowing that her two close friends had gone this far and she had no clue about it. She was speechless for long after hearing that and kept staring away into the distance while James took over.

He said "That is impossible, Claire. Either he is playing with you or he has completely lost his mind"

"Why would you think that?"

"Because he just can't stop talking about you" he shot a strikng smile at me, compassionate dimples invading his cheeks "I've seen it. I've seen the way he looks at you and even at the gym, you're the only one he's ever talked about with me. For an hour straight he goes on blabbering about you. He's an idiot, Claire...he's too naive to realize his feelings for you just yet and I might have to knock some sense into him when wakes up from his little coma"

I pursed my lips and nodded to indicate that I understood but I didn't.

If Logan really talked about me so much then why was he trying to stay away from me? He doesn't even like any other girl.

It just didn't make any sense.

But whatever it was, even if he did possess feelings for me, I yelled some pretty harsh things at him back there. I went as far as telling him that I didn't trust him anymore.

I was certain when he wakes up and recollects everything that's happened; he's going to hate me.

"Claire?"

I looked up to see Breanna standing in front of us. She had been sitting far away from us all this while.

"I'm really sorry" she exclaimed, and I noticed the tear traces on her cheek and how brightly her cheeks had blemished red "I made a big mistake. I agreed with Venetia to do this because she told me she's gonna let me be her friend if I do...so I agreed. I...I don't want to be her friend anymore. I was greedy and selfish but I've learned my lesson"