17| Hate and Hurt

Dedicated to:Thani4ever

Thank you for the support and your sweet PMs and constant support :*

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"I miss you. A little too much, a little too often, a little more everyday"

~Freshmorningquotes

Logan's POV

My eyes directed toward the see-through glass of the gym. The bluish hue that covered the sky like a blanket was now fading into a soft tangerine shade as the sun rose above the horizon, welcoming a new day. Inhaling a good amount of air-conditioned air, I spent a few minutes just enjoying how the colours of the sky changed ever so slowly.

After an intense work out session on a Friday, at 6am in the morning, I was ready to head straight for school.

A sigh of relaxation left me, as I stretched one last time and proceeded out of the gym room. Somehow, I happened to run into James Hunter who was hurriedly making his way towards the gym.

I smirked at his urgency and uttered "You're late"

"Yeah, kinda overslept" he panted, running his hand through his muddled brunette hair "So, how's it going with Claire?"

All the pain I had been holding in for the past 24 hrs suddenly exploded, and it felt like someone had prodded my chest with a hefty cudgel.

Out of a million questions, he just had to ask this one.

I bit my lower lip hard as my face twisted into misery "We, uhm, we kind of...broke up"

His eyebrows raised and furrowed. He stared at me with an open jaw "Dude, it hasn't even been two weeks. What happened?"

"We didn't feel the need to continue anymore" I lied and I suppose he spotted it because he was staring at me in dismay, probably not believing me.

"Really?" he crossed his arms across his chest "Is that really what happened?"

Sighing in annoyance, I rolled my eyes "Yes James, I'm getting late for school now, I'll see you around"

I escaped from there before he could bombard more stressful questions at me this early in the morning.

I briefly wondered how I would spend the rest of my day with Claire lingering around. It was my first break up, shockingly, with my best friend. For sure, functioning like a normal human being was going to be way harder than I had imagined.

It was going to be an arduous task to not be with her anymore, to lose your other half, but I knew that whatever I had done was for Claire's own good.

She has been aching for Dylan throughout the time I have known her and now, according to rumors, Dylan was giving Claire too much attention.

Before deciding to break up, I was contented to set her free but now, there was a minute regret in my heart. I had become too emotional back then but now I questioned my decision.

Dylan had a bad reputation. Did I do the right thing by leaving Claire vulnerable to him like that?

My life was a mess. Amid the entire syllabus I had to cover before exams, I was stuck between deciding whether to run back to her or to run away. I didn't know what was right and I, sure as hell, didn't know what was wrong.

I might just have to go with the flow and let fate decide my destiny.

But for now, I wanted to leave Claire alone just to observe the kind of effect it had on her.