Birthdays

Alexander's POV

Eliza and I sat on the couch as we waited for the children to get off the bus. 

"Eliza's birthday is next week." She said rubbing my leg. "She's going to want a birthday party." 

"Twelve year olds running around the house." I chuckled. 

"It'd be great." She replied as all the kids walked in the house.  

"Mom!  Can I have a birthday party?" Little Eliza asked as she ran up to us.

"Of course, what kind?" Eliza responded.

"A sleepover!"

"Because all your friends are having those?" I questioned.

"Mhm!" 

"Follow me." I walked towards my office as both Eliza's follow.  I sat in my chair and had little Eliza watch for a second.  I pulled up Microsoft word and chose a card layout. "Go nuts, kid." I allowed her to take my seat.  I sat beside her as she went through different layouts and different fonts.  Eventually she got a design she liked and printed them out to give to her friends. 

"Can I hand them out tomorrow?!" Little Eliza exclaimed excitedly.  

"Sure." Eliza answered as she ran to her room.  On the weekend all her friends came over and hung out in the basement so they wouldn't have to deal with her siblings running through the halls.  Her birthday rolled around and we welcomed all of her friends.  Time flew by and I saw myself with Eliza as our two children drove to University, they decided to live in a dorm for their stay so the house was empty with only El and I.  I felt her put her head into my chest and she looked up at me. "They all live upstate." 

"You want to move to be closer to them, don't you?" I asked running my fingers through her hair.

"Mhm..  I wanna be closer to our grandchildren, and soon to be grandson from Angelica." She responded as I lighted grasped her hand and brought her to my computer.  I patted my lap as Eliza sat on it.  I reached around her waist to use the mouse. 

"There's a nice kitchen, El." I mentioned as I put on my reading glasses.  She used my touch screen to click on the picture of the office.

"Ooo, perfect for you." She replied dotting my nose.  I laughed as she threw her leg around to the other side of the chair.  She wrapped her arms around me so our noses touched.  The move she loved to do to make things heated.  I wrapped my arms around her back.

"Do you want it?" I asked as she came closer to me.

"If it means you'll retire your pen and we can be closer to the kids, then yes." She laughed.

"Then let's get it." I smiled as she pressed her lips against mine.  She gave me small kisses then allowed me to spread her lips with my tongue.  She pulled away for a second.

"It's cold." She whimpered as I rolled the chair toward the portal bed and grabbed the blanket to put on top of her.

"Better?" I asked moving the hair off her face. 

"Well.." She smiled rolling on the bed and grabbing my collar causing me to fall on the bed.

Eliza's POV

"I was hoping something more like.." I said rolling on top of him as he pulled the blanket onto  me. "Undergarments, but nothing passed that." He smiled at me as he unbuttoned the front of my shirt and I kissed him again.  I unbuckled the jeans he had been wearing for the past three days and threw them on the ground beside the bed.  We both froze as his phone rang and I reached down into his pocket to get it.