Part 9

Riya woke up when she felt sunlight directly falling on her face, she rubbed her eyes open to see kabir moving the curtains. "Good Morning beautiful" kabir said with a smile which made riya decide that it was going to be a good day "Good Morning kabir"

"Now get up and get ready fast,  we have to leave earlytoday"  riya said when kabir handed her a big packet "And this is a gift for you on your new start" "Thanks but what is it?"

"I brought some formal clothes for you as I thought you must have not brought with you" "Oh yes! I dint even think about it!!" "Yeah after dinner with Ahan yesterday I went and shopped a little for you" "Thanks alot kabir, without you I would have been lost here. I have no idea how would I have managed" "You have me right so don't think about negatives things. Now go or we will be late" "Yeah, you also go and get ready" riya said and both of them went to get ready.

Ishana, riya and kabir had breakfast together with excitement in air. Ishana had time to leave, so Riya and kabir left together.

They were on their to Riya's new office when Kabir showed Riya a building and said that it was his office and the building after next two lanes is Ahan's office.

They reached the office and both  went in, "Riya I am helping you do a job doesnt mean  you will be able to do anything  you want. You have to take care yourslef and not burden. I am releating this because i dont want you  to hurt yourslef"  Yes kabir i will  take care of myself" riya said and they entered a cabin.

A man in a navy blue suit got up and hugged kabir and exchanged  greeting then kabir said "Riya this is Ahan and Ahan this  is Riya  your new PA" "Hi Riya, I have heard alot  about you from kabir but now lets see how you work here" ahan said  which Riya  replied "I won't  disappoint  you here" "I am sure of that. Even if you disappoint me i won't  remove you from the job" "Why?" "Kabir will kill me" "That's not fair, kabir must be your friend but you have to be strict with me like a boss" "As you say but i am not strict boss for any of my employes" "That's good" riya said. Kabir interrupted and said "Now you both know each other, so i will take my leave. Ahan don't forget what all I said and Riya take care. Bye" "Bye" Riya and Ahan replied in union.

The day at office for Riya was a slow one, Ahan dint give her much work. Ahan ordered lunch for both of Q and they had food together.

While talking with Ahan, riya got to know many details about kabir. She even got to  know Kabir and Ahan were best friends 1since candhildhood as there fathers were friends business partners.

They continued their work and at 5 in the evening kabir called Riya "Hello riya" "Hello kabir" "I am waiting for you outside the building, come out fast" "What?" "I have talked to Ahan also, I am waiting" "Okay coming in a minute" riya said and cut the call. Riya packed her stuff and went to Ahaan, kabir said he already talked to him but still she wanted to inform him.

"Hey, I am leaving. Kabir called and said it's something urgent" "Yeah he called me too. You go, bye" "Bye" riya replied to Ahaan and left. Riya came and sat inside the car  and said "Why don't you inform me before making plans!! Everything  with you is like a surprise" "Will inform next time, for sure" "Where are we going?" "Hospital" "Why? Are you alright?" "Yes you dont need to get worried. Everything is fine with me" "Then" "I took a appointment for you at the gynaecologist, I hope you don't mind" "Oh" "We know about your pregnancy but we have to go to doctor and get your tests done" "Yes, thanks alot kabir"

"How many times should i say not to thank you" "No kabir, I am so messed up in everything. I dint even think about going to the hospital, how can I be so careless. If laksh comes back, he will be angry on be for being so careless about our baby" "Riya, you are still thinking about laksh after knowing all his lies" "Kabir i have thought alot about everything, he is my husband and father of my baby. And i have hope that he will come back to me. I have seen love in his eyes kabir and he is my husband. I will have this hope forever but that doesn't mean i will sit idle, I will work for the future of my baby until laksh comes" "I don't know what to say to you. You do what you think is right and i will always be your side helping you" kabir replied. He stopped the car infront of the hospital and asked Riya to go in while he parks and come.

Kabir went inside and Riya was already at the recption answering the nurse "Full name?" "Riya Khanna" "You have appointment for the gynecologist" "Yes" "Married?" "Yes" "Baby's father name?" "Laksh Khanna" "This is your first appointment here right" "Yes" "You go to the 3rd room on your left, doctor will meet you in a minute" "Okay" riya replied and walked with kabir.

The doctor arrived and did some questions and then sent riya with a nurse for few test. After riya returned the doctor did a check up and said "For now both the mother and kid look healthy but we will know the details when the reports come tomorrow" "Okay doctor" "Mr laksh you have to take good care of your wife and make sure she eats and rests well" the doctor said when riya interrupted "He is not my husband laksh, he is a friend of mine" "Oh then Riya take care well and come tomorrow to pick up the reports" "Okay" riya replied and left for home.

Riya and Kabir reached home and had dinner with Ishana. Riya kept telling about her experience at the office and how good Ahan was with her.

After dinner everyone was leaving to their rooms when Ishana said "Kabir you got a post I kept it on your study table" "Okay" kabir replied and went to check it.

He went to his room and opened the post, inside it there was letter on the name of Riya. Kabir opened it and saw it had some stamp papers and order from court and started reading it to get a very big shock. It were divorce papers sent by Danish and he had already ĺsigned on them.

There was a small note attached with it, kabir was confused to open it as it was for Riya but then opened it. It had only two sentences written on it "I am sorry of everything Riya, my real name is Danish not laksh khanna. I have already signed the papers and now its your turn.

Kabir had those papers in hand when Riya knocked and entered his room. Kabir messily tried to hide the papers but she saw him but kept quiet.

"Hey" "Hey riya" "I just thought i could use some time in your balcony" "Sure. Riya did you give my adress to anyone?" "No, why?" "Nothing" "I just gave to mom before going lonavala as she wanted to send some post that arived for me" "Oh" kabir said and then Riya observed kabir he looked nervous which was very unusual and asked "What are you trying to hide?" Riya asked with a stern voice, kabir looked at her for few seconds and said "Your mom sent a post" "Whats in it?"  "It was on my name so i opened it and then realized it was for you" "What is in it kabir? Why do you look so nervous!"

Riya asked and kabir handed her the papers. There was a long silence when Riya was reading them and then tears started to flow from her eyes, kabir moved forward put a hand on her shoulders and made her sit on the bed. Riya hugged him and started crying loudly, she kept on crying and Kabir tried consoling her. It was wee hours of night when Riyas cries stopped and she went into slumber in kabirs protective arms.

While kabir couldn't  sleep, he just kept hugging her tight with a few tears leaving from his eyes. He loved Riya and wanted to see her happy and was doing everything in his reach for that but everytime anything came about Danish, riya's world turned upside down. He was scared of what Riya would do next morning, he couldn't let her go far from him.