Chapter 31

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that the Civil War battles will be ending soon, and I really hope that you guys are excited as much as I am! The end of the Civil War won't be the end of the book, I'm gonna include a few more chapters afterwards :)

The Union soldiers (on September 2, 1864) were lead by General Sherman on a raid in Atlanta. General Sherman was an American soldier, businessman, educator and an author. He has been the general in lead for the bast few battles. He will now lead the Union soldiers on a march along the Atlantic coast, that would last for a little longer than a month. 

November 15, 1864

"Does EVERYONE have their guns all loaded this time?!" General Sherman check with everyone, as he recalled Alexander running out of bullets during the Battle of Gettysburg. 

Fernando snickered, "Do you, Alex?"

"Look I honestly don't know what happened that day, alright? I remember clearly loading up my gun completely!" 

"Yes sir!" all the Union soldiers said in unison.

"Good!" The general exclaimed as he held his hands at his back, walking back and forth, "What we are about to do today, will last us quite a while...perhaps, a month. This is a march, what we are about to take part in. Once we are done, we will march our way back and meet up with the army nurses at Richmond...yes, that's where they will be staying until we finish our march. It's too dangerous for them to be anywhere in the South at this time. The war has intensified over the past few months, as you all should know. "

Alexander's heart sank a bit but he tried to let the thought go. 

"Don't worry dear brother," Henry nudged him, "It's only for a month!"

Alexander absolutely hated, but also loved, how his brother can read him inside out. 

"That's all I've got for now," General Sherman concluded, "Get packing and we shall begin in another hour or so!" 

With that all the soldiers split up and began packing their necessities. Meanwhile, Alexander wanted to check with Cassandra if she knew about this. Once he reached the army nurses his eyes searched everywhere for her.

"Alexander?" She called to him curiously from behind, "What are you doing here?"

"Cassandra," he approached her, "Do you know of...of the plan?"

"You mean us going to Richmond, and you all taking part in the march?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"Well..." she grinned, "Every now and then, we'd send Jenny to eavesdrop on you all, I mean, we do have a right to know, don't we?"

"Uh, yes of course! I could only imagine Jenny doing such a mischief," he chuckled but then looked at Cassandra a little sadly, "So...I won't be seeing you for a month then."

"At least it's not two!" Cassandra shrugged her shoulders.

"Hmph, am I the only one who can't see things positively?" he thought to himself, annoyed.

"Anyways, I wanted to come here to bid you farewell," Alexander held his wife by the shoulders, "But like you said," he smiled, "it's only for a month."

The buses that were to take all the army nurses to Richmond arrived.

"Right," Cassandra smiled as she held his hands that were on her shoulders, "it's just a month."

"ALL ABOARD!" the driver exclaimed.

"Good luck Alexander!" Cassandra waved to him as she skipped to the buses.