Part 8:Dan's student

Start from the beginning

"You got it," he smiles proud.

"Good bye Dan. Hopefully I'll see you soon," she smiles and turns around.

Deep down they both wanted to share a kiss but they decided before that no kissing allowed in public. Not yet at least. And young Asuma would probably find it gross.

"See you soon Tsunade," he waves her off.

Jiraiya,Orochimaru and Tsunade,unknowingly,head out on their last mission. Little did they know the war is nearing it's end.

"You are probably in love with her," Asuma suddenly points out.

"You know for a five year old kid you really are smart," he teases.

"Can we go back to training now?" Asuma smiles stupidly.

"Of course we can."

They head back to the training ground. Dan spends nearly the entire afternoon teaching Asuma how to funnel chakra into the kunai. He also helps Asuma work on his taijutsu.

About 17:00 the afternoon.

"I'm done," Asuma lies on the ground,breathless.

"Well then let's get you home," Dan smiles.

"I agree," young Asuma shows a thumbs up.

Dan helps him to his feet. Asuma dusts himself off and puts away all his kunai. Both of them head in the direction of the Sarutobi household. Dan drops him off at his home.

"I'll see you again tomorrow master," Asuma bows politely.

"See you tomorrow," he smiles.

Dan's stomach rumbles as he walks past Ichiraku. I guess a bite to eat won't hurt? I'm starving.

He walks into Ichiraku and takes a seat ordering two bowls of ramen. As he eats his ramen his mind wanders about Tsunade.

"Where's Tsunade?" A man suddenly asks.

"Huh?" Dan looks up.

"My apologies. I am Sakumo Hatake," the man with the white hair introduces himself.

"I'm Dan Katō," he greets back.

So this is the infamous Sakumo Hatake? He is said to rival even the Legendary Sannin.

"She's out on a mission with her teammates."

"I wish this damn war would end already. We've lost so many shinobi," he sighs.

"I wish for the same thing," he finished his second bowl of ramen.

"Guess I'm going too," Sakumo gets up.

"See you around," Dan exits Ichiraku and heads home.

The following morning ...

Dan meets Asuma at the training ground once again. They begin with practicing taijutsu. Even though Asuma is young he shows a lot of potential. But Dan,being one of the top jonin,easily defeats Asuma.