EIGHT| i'm pretty good at beer pong

Start from the beginning

He managed to get out of my hold, and he tried to punch me again, but I dodged his attack. My fist hit his throat, and then his jaw, but he grabbed my fist before I could hit him again. Murphy twisted it to the side quickly, making me let out a yelp of pain.

I saw Bellamy flinch out of the corner of my eye. His fists were clenched, and he looked like he wanted to kill Murphy.

Anger fumed in my gut, but I took a quick breath and forced myself to stay calm. Then, before I knew it, Murphy had kicked me in the gut sending me stumbling backward. Then, he was lunging at me.

At the last second, I moved out of the way and stuck my leg out to trip him. Murphy lost his balance, and he fell to the ground. I was on top of him before he could process it, and I put him in an intense chokehold that cut off the breath from his lungs.  

A proud smirk formed on my lips as he tapped out, and I released him roughly, "A for effort, Murphy."He glared at me as he got up and stalked off the mat like some kicked puppy.

Commander Duke gave me a nod of approval, "Well done, Harley. We might just make a guard out of you yet."

Relief filled my whole body as I stepped off the mat. My ribs were slightly hurting, and my wrist was throbbing with pain, but the pleasure of victory outweighed all of that. I felt like justice had been served for what Murphy said to me, and some of that anger I had stored up for him had been let out.

God, there really was no substitute for winning.

"Well, well, well," I couldn't stop the grin from forming on my lips as I turned to see Bellamy smiling at me. "You did it, Princess. I knew you could."

"Really? Because last night all you were doing was criticizing me," I put my hands on my hips. "You said I had the worst form you had ever seen, and that the only way I would win a fight is if I was fighting a paralyzed person."

Bellamy shrugged, "I couldn't have you getting an ego, now could I?'

"No, we wouldn't want anyone to show up the great Bellamy Blake," I answered playfully.

He shook his head, but the happiness and joking attitude seemed to flash away from his eyes when they landed on my wrist, which was already two times bigger than normal. Without any warning, Bellamy stepped forward and gently grabbed my wrist.

"You should let Doctor Griffin look at this," He said as he gingerly ran his finger across the swollen area. The slight hint of pain was blocked out by the electric shocks his touch sent crawling up my body. His gaze was locked onto my wrist as he examined it, "I was ready to deck Murphy when he did that to you. It was a dick move."

"Yeah, well Murphy's a dick," My eyebrows furrowed when I realized what Bellamy had said. "But, why would you care?"

Bellamy didn't let go of my wrist, but his eyes wandered up to meet mine. Without my permission, my heartbeat sped up rapidly, "Why wouldn't I?"

His gaze was so intense. It was like he was looking right through the thick mask I put on every day. Like he had torn down every single wall around my emotions. Like he knew all my secrets, and the lies I hid them behind.

"Because you barely know me," That was the best answer I could come up with.

He didn't look away. he didn't even blink, "I know you, Harley. You're an open book." And then, Bellamy let go of my wrist and ended the trance both of us seemed to be locked into. "I'll see you around, Princess."

And just like that, he was gone leaving me utterly speechless and breathless.

~_~_~_~_~

The rest of my day was pretty normal, and by the end of it I had ended up in my room with Archie. He was complaining about how Raven could never figure out that he was flirting with her, and that he wanted to ask her out, but he recently found out she had a boyfriend.

Archie always had the biggest crush on Raven, but she never noticed him. I could never figure out why. He was the most hilarious person I knew. He was caring and kind and genuine with a big heart. Plus he was pretty attractive. It was a shock that he was still single, but he was just so caught up with Raven that he couldn't see how much the other girls liked him.

"And I complimented her new jacket today. Nobody else even noticed that she got a new jacket," Archie shook his head as he sat on my bed. "I'm miserable."

"Arch, you are not miserable," I plopped down beside him and nudged him with my shoulder. "You are the greatest friend I've ever had, the best beer pong player in the universe, and the funniest guy on this space station."

He nodded, "I am pretty good at beer pong."

"And so many girls are head over heels for you, but you can't see it because you're so caught up with Raven," I said honestly. "I'm sure Amelia or Tracy or Violet would be thrilled if you asked them out."

Archie managed a smile, "You think so?"

"I know so."

He let out a long sigh, "Ok, you're right. Thanks, Harles."

"Anytime."

"What about you?" Archie asked suddenly changing the subject. "Something is up, and don't deny it. I know you too well." Crap. Why did I think I could ever hide anything from Archie? I couldn't hide the fact that I was never in love with Wells. I couldn't hide my pain when we were fighting. Archie was the only one who knew everything; who knew the real reason why I was with Wells. "It's a guy, isn't it? Your eyes are screaming boy problems."

I let out a laugh, "It's disturbing that you know that."

"Or, impressive."

I let out a sigh of my own, "Ok, yeah you win. I'm having boy problems."

"Wells?" When I didn't say yes, Archie let out a loud gasp. "Oh my God. No way! You found someone else!"

I slapped his shoulder, "Keep your voice down-"

"It's Bellamy Blake isn't it?"

I gave him a shocked look, "How the hell did you know that?"

He shrugged, "I've got skills, Harley... and also I saw you pull him away that one day when you went to 'use the bathroom' during lunch. Yeah, not the best excuse to sneak away for a quickie."

I slapped him even harder which made him burst out into laughter, "Oh my God, Archie! That's not what happened!"

He put his hands up, "Ok, ok, but I still want every single detail."

I launched into the story of how I met Bellamy. I told Archie every little detail, and about how Wells had caught me training with Bellamy last night. I also included when Wells told me to stay away from him, and how I lied straight to Wells's face.

I shared how trapped I felt, and that when I was with Bellamy I forgot all about my stupid problems. I felt freer than I had in a long time; since my mother died.

"Am I a horrible person?" I asked after I finished the story.

"No, you're not," Archie answered. "You're human, Harley. You can't force feelings you don't have, and you deserve to be with somebody that makes you feel happy."

"So, what should I do?"

"You should end it with Wells. It'd be a lot less painful for both of you if you broke up before you got in too deep with Bellamy," Archie said. "Besides, Wells deserves the truth."

I nodded "I know he does, I just don't want to lose him forever you know? I still want him in my life... as a friend."

"I'm sure he doesn't want to lose you forever either."

I guess I would find out because I made a decision at that moment. Archie was right about everything.

I was going to break up with Wells Jaha.