Chapter Five

Since I just posted the author note, I'll be sending it with this Chapter Five. I covered a lot during the author note, and probably won't make another like it for a while.

Chapter Five

I waved like a maniac, trying to get Roe to notice me. Oh gosh, I just realized who I sound like... Yandere-Chan from that game, Yandere Simulator. It's about this innocent, cute girl who becomes a crazy psychopath when her feelings aren't returned – which her Senpai isn't doing. This person named Osana-Chan; for the debug build it is currently Kokona Haruka,

Cares about the guy and is going to confess and SENPAI is likely to accept. So Yandere will do anything from electrocution to homicide to get her Senpai.

I finally got sick of waving like a maniac and called out "Roe!" Roe snapped awake. Wait, what?? I felt the heat rising to my cheeks. He was asleep? Gosh dang it.

"Oh, hey Cedar, ready to go inside."

I nodded, knowing if I said anything I would go into a temper tantrum.

Roe opened the library door for me. Oh, and I thought chivalry was dead. I skipped inside, another emotion taking over. I may just not end up with Jared.

Oh the happiness. Happiness is a four letter word.

"Good morning Mrs. Beagle," I bowed as a form of respect, not submission.

She nodded profusely. "So, Roe, what is the name of the book." I turned around, not being able to spot Roe. Turns out that when I was greeting Mrs. Beagle and thinking about not ending up with Jared, Roe had found the book. I practically ran towards him, pulling out my best puppy eyes. "Pwease wead fwo me."

Roe sighed, obviously wanting me to read it for myself.

"Werewolf Encyclopedia, Chapter 244:

Rejection. Rejection is a form of not accepting the mate we were blessed with. A rejected wolf's feelings for his/her ex-mate actually becomes stronger. If none of them find their second mates, there is a high rate of them ending up together. Especially when each they are in each other's line of vision. Jealousy usually arouses – more in the males than females – when they catch someone flirting with his/her mate or the mate flirting.

But some rejected wolves don't want this to happen. There is a certain potion for this and these are the ingredients:

A feather from a phoenix,

A hair from the legendary Reuses,

A natural quartz,

And an elixir of recreation.

We have the map for such ingredients right under this sentence.

Rejected Mates, you can do this!"

Roe stopped, looking into my eyes. "Cedar, we are totally going on a quest for this."

I gulped. "Quest?"

"Obviously, how else are we going to give you your own voice in the matter of not ending up with arse-hat Jared? Oh my granola, I just came up with the quest name. Quest: Find Your Voice. I totally love quests, and I think we should start with the phoenix feather..." Roe continued to babble on, but I stopped listening.

Black spots covered my eyes, the world becoming dizzy. Once again –sadly- I fainted.

I woke up in Roe's house or apartment. My clothes had changed, someone must've showered me and combed my hair. "ROE? Did you do this?" I asked wildly.

Roe popped out of nowhere, saying "No, my little sister did this. She isn't here now, but she wanted to say hi anyways."
"Plus, it's perfect for questing." He smirked. He didn't seem to have stopped his mad ideas for questing.

"That is crazy." I snapped at him. I'm sorry, I'm still a virgin and can't die that way.

"Too bad, I already have our ride."

My eyes widened a fraction, knowing where he was heading.

"You are already taking on the pretense of going on the Library Field Trip, which two weeks of the short break, which is three weeks. But, we need to get home the moment the Library Field Trip is done."

"Roe," I said about to start a debate on why we shouldn't go.

"It is unavoidable Cedar. It is planned to the minute. You have a few days to pack. Then two weeks, to finish that quest. It isn't long but we can make the most of it."

Looking back, I am grateful for Roe's words. But right now, I feel like throwing a heavy duty temper tantrum. If I don't die from a panic attack or Roe's stupidity, I will die of blood loss and anger.

Damn.

I'm screwed.

But you're screwed with me. Those two weeks were the longest and most memorable two weeks I ever had (currently). Those two weeks taught me something.

That I was utterly stupid.