Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Sorry for the late update. This week was my exam week. I'm thinking about making a new story, but here goes Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen

I blinked my eyes, trying to get used to the darkness. I really wanted to sleep, I'm lazy, and it's my job to sleep. I gave in and succumbed to the darkness.

I awoke when the intercom shouted at us, "We are arriving at Sheer Airport, Colorado."

I stretched, yawning. I turned to look at Roe, who was still sleeping. Shaking him awake, we waited for the plane to land.

When the plane landed, Roe and I pushed past the others in this flight.

The Alpha Novice was in three hours, and apparently, the Big Guy's friend was waiting for us.

We exited the plane, walking down the steps. A bus was waiting for us. Roe whispered to me, "Do you still have the airport tickets?" He asked.

I nodded, and I was glad to say that I also had the forged passport.

We entered the bus. I looked out the window, staring down the planes that were taking off.

At last, the bus stopped. I slowly walked out, my eyes adjusting to the brightness.

Roe and I passed customs and security checks really quickly. We were waiting outside, looking for somebody.

"Do you even know what he looks like?" It was Styx, and she keeps thinking we got stiffed and that we should return back and apologize to "mate".

"Are you sent here by the "Big Guy." A voice asked. I turned around. A scrawny boy with auburn hair loomed over us. He was quite tall and lean, easily towering over me.

I'm not short though, so he was quite tall.

I nodded, unsure of what to say. Follow me, he mouthed, parting through the crowd. I had much more trouble.

"Excuse me!"
"Sorry!"

"OW!!"

I finally made it through the hectic crowd, and the scrawny boy was leaning on a lamppost.

"You're not what I expected." He grumbled under his breath. Sure I had a few wounds, sure I looked totally useless but excuse me.

"Shut up." I smiled at Roe. He took the words right out of my mouth.

Behind the lamppost, a Jeep Compass, probably a 2014 build, was lying in wait.

"Is that your car?" I asked him.

He nodded, turning around, a smile on his lips. Or, his lips were smiling.

"I'm Matt, you are?" He questioned us, waiting for an answer.

"Cedar and Roe." I pointed at Roe, and he nodded.

"Get in." Matt mumbled shortly, before entering the driver's seat.

Roe and I entered the other seats. I called shotgun.

While Roe slept, I had a lot of questions for Matt.

"So, Matt are we going to be cooking or?"

"Your names will be Mckayla and Jeremiah. You are servers. You're not supposed to communicate unless necessary. You must sneak yourselves into the museum, before stealing the papyrus that no one seems to care about."

Matt repeated it like he had rehearsed it. He probably had. I snuggled up, staring out the window. "I hope this is worth it." I muttered.

I stared out the window, looking at the trees that whizzed behind us.

It is probably a thirty minutes' drive, and I was right. I just stared out the window and had an internal conversation with my wolf.

"This isn't good Cedar." Styx began. I didn't feel like interrupting her.

"We are getting ourselves into something we shouldn't be in. There is much going on that we do not know. We should get out."

I had to stop her, and now. Reason versus Fear.

"We can't stop this Styx. We are bound to this, we could die if we don't complete it. Even though I know that we may only have this part to play, even when we are not bound, our curiosity will get the best of us, we will want to know. We will need to know. We would be haunted if we didn't. Haunted with the need to know, the questions we have. We're doomed. We've got to finish this, bound or not."

Styx sobbed gently, in my consciousness.

"Why? Why did we have to get rejected?! Why are we bad people?" Styx moaned.

What does she mean?!

"We are guilty of running away. Running away from our problems, facing them like a coward. We aren't even facing them! Just creating, more, more for ourselves. We are fragile on the inside, but hard on the outside. Don't you see Cedar? You yearn for freedom, I yearn for rules and regulations. We are even worse at school. Remember Heather? The one you called the slut queen? You don't know her life, her problems, or why she even does that. We are guilty, no, YOU, are guilty of slut shaming. Even though you don't say it out, you think of her as one. What about, what about Jared huh? You call him a player, because he has slept with almost every girl in the school, but people still go after him and praise him, but you call Heather a slut, for doing the same thing, but with BOYS, and then you call her desperate and think people wouldn't bang her if they needed to. What is wrong with you?! I hope I can leave your sorry ass and go to someone who deserves it! You don't deserve the title of Werewolf, let alone OMEGA. You deserve the title of USELESS, a friggin' drag along!"

Styx ranted all her problems on me. All my problems as she put it. She blamed everything on me, like she couldn't take the blame on herself.

She said all those things. She meant every word of it. So be it.

"Shut up. You blame everything on me. What about you, huh? What good will returning to Jared do to us. Make us submissive, a breeding machine?! We didn't run away with him, scratch that, I left to find myself. I tried to leave everything behind, but I couldn't leave you behind! You were always there – yes, I know how wolves like you work. Letting me suffer on my own, taking part control to do things I didn't want to! You made me suffer even more! You could control my thoughts, control me, but when I needed you, you left. You made your existence clear when you wanted to, and made your existence disappear when I needed you! You are the reason I'm an omega that I suffer. You only came to me when you realized I was serious about leaving everything. But I couldn't leave you. You'll always be a part of me, I can't change that. But I'll never, ever let you be a part of the world. From now on, you'll not be my guide – some terrible guide you've been – you'll just be a shrinking part of my consciousness. You're my servant, I am the master. You won't assume control, the world won't know you. They'll only know me, the girl who braved her wolf, the girl who tamed her wolf, the girl who killed her wolf. Do you understand me Styx? From now on, you are, NOTHING!"

I fumed visibly, I must've looked pissed to Matt. I had just been in a heated argument with my wolf. It wasn't pretty.