Chapter Four

Sorry for the late update. Had no internet.

Chapter Four

"What can you do to help me?" I asked Roe, hope overpowering my other feelings/thought.

"Well," He started,

"I was reading this book in the library a few days ago. It was a werewolf encyclopedia, full of useful information... But I found this chapter about rejection.

It was intriguing. Apparently you could break the bond of mates – though it had to be done by the rejected or the person that started the rejection. There were some instructions in there but I don't remember them. You could come with me later, but for now, you should be getting home."

I nodded my head, before exiting the front door.

My legs kept going up and down. The walk to the pack house is very far. I'm quite sure I have lots of workload waiting to be done.

I will say my pardons to the current Alpha and Luna, before beginning. By the crack of dawn on Monday, I should've finished most of my workload and my homework.

Yes, it's the weekend. I was skewered on Friday or something.

The pack house came into view as the forest wasn't so dense anymore. Bracing myself, I hurried my pace. I tried to imagine what my father would think – or the Alpha.

"Young lady, where have you been?"

This were the exact words my father said the second I opened the back-door.

"Sorry papa, I'll tell you later." My dad sighed, shaking his head.

"You have a lot of work to do." He then spoke. "I will begin right away."

I actually hoped to avoid the Alpha and/or the Luna.

I was about to saunter down the left hallway, heading towards the northwest storage room, but the Alpha caught me.

"Where have you been omega?!" He spat at me.

I didn't dare to look in his eyes, it would be a form of disrespect and would not be tolerated.

"I'm sorry Alpha, please forgive me, I will begin work right away." I mumbled, only loud enough for him to hear me.

He let go of my arm (I never realized he was holding it) and shuffled along.

I'm quite sure they left a list filled with the things I'm supposed to do.

This is how the Omega/Omegon system works in the society.

The society thought enslaving humans would be a drawback on the werewolf race and needed somebody else to work. So they turned to the werewolf race. They suggested some werewolves would do the work, but they didn't know how to select the werewolves.

So, they turned their little fiddly black chairs around and went back to watch the werewolf race.

They eventually settled on an ancient pack. The Ancient pack was huge in its day, with over 20, 000 wolves and 1 million acres of space. Humans hadn't really begun farming or settling down, which is why that ancient pack had that much space.

The Ancient Pack is called Lapis Lazuli. Lapis Lazuli was rumored to have special "blessings" fro, the Moon Goddess. Now, the Society wondered how Lapis Lazuli kept its large portions of housing clean without any maids or human slaves.

So the society inquired, and retrieved an answer. They were using Omega's and Omegon's to work, saying this is how they earned their stay since they can't shift.