Chapter 10: Partners?

Keys:
(Y/n)= Your name
(L/n)= Last name
(H/c)= hair color
(E/c)= eye color
(F/o)= favorite outfit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** 1 week later ***

"This is sooo boring" you thought as Stein continued with the lecture. "I knew I should've slept earlier" you scolded yourself as you forced your eyes to stay awake but to no avail since you still ended up closing them. After a few minutes you started to feel something poking your side.

"(Y/n)" a voice whispered "(Y/n) wake up!" It whispered once again

"Huh?" You said sleepily. As you turned your head you noticed Ethan sat beside you looking at you with an amused look.

"What?" You questioned him

"Class is over silly" he said

"What?!" Your eyes shot open and any trace of sleep you once had on your body was gone.

"Oh no, I was supposed to meet with Maka after class" you said

"Well before you leave I wanted to ask you something" Ethan said while you looked at him with a curious look.

"Okay, well you see I was wondering if you want to be my weapon?" He said with a smile on his face

"Wait, you want ME as your weapon" you said emphasizing "me".

"Look I know our first fight wasn't all that great, but that really wasn't our fault, and anyways we were doing great until everything got out of control and well... you know" he said trailing off.

"So (Y/n), what do you say, want to be partners?" He said as he outstretched his hand out.

You looked at his hand and weren't sure wether to accept, but nonetheless he did make a point so you finally came to a decision.

"Okay Ethan, I'll be your partner" you said as you shook his hand

"Great, well I'll see you tomorrow (Y/n)" he said. After that he stood up and left.

"I guess I have a partner now" you thought. You looked at your wristwatch and noticed it said 3:47
"Damn it, I'm late" you thought as you rushed out of the classroom.

You ran and ran and ran, until finally you reached the front of the academy were an angry Maka stood waiting.

"Maka!" You called as she looked at you with an angry expression.

"I-I'm sorry I'm late, i-it's just that I fell asleep and then Ethan woke me up, and then he told me if we wanted to be partners, and then I was like okay and then I noticed the time and then I was running and running and running till I got here and now I'm explain-"

"It's okay, (Y/n) I get it, geez no need to ramble" she said

"Oh, sorry" you said smiling sheepishly while she just shook her head and sighed.

"It's fine now come on lets go" she said, while you just followed her.

"Remind me where we're going again" you told her as she just sighed once again while shaking her head.