twelve

Two thousand words! Wowee. Feel free to request, guys, and I'll post it in my imagines book.

"Mommy?"

You both stopped your playful banter to turn to the sleepy girl. She looked tired but very happy to see her parents together nonetheless.

You both stared at her for a long time, not sure what to do.

Thomas snapped first, releasing you from his embrace. He walked to her without a second glance at you.

"Hello, sweetheart," he picked her up from the floor effortlessly, making his way to the kitchen island. "What do you want for breakfast, hmm? I'll see what I have here..." he sat her on the counter and looked around the cabinets.

You shook yourself out of ogling your shirtless ex and strode to the fridge, getting the milk, knowing that Thomas would decide on cereal.

You were right.

Kinda.

Once Thomas had a bowl in hand, he hesitated, then his eyes brightened.

"Tell you what, why don't we eat outside by the beach? It's a little cool out," he looked to you for your opinion.

"Eh, it's a little too sandy outside..."

"Ah, I suppose you've seen the hammocks and tables around the house? We should put it to good use," he mused.

You looked at your daughter - Thomas' eyes followed - to see her looking at you both excitedly.

You sighed in mock resignation. "Alright, then. You go let daddy help you get changed. I'll cook something up."

Hope hopped down the counter, pulling Thomas along with her. Before he was dragged completely out of your reach, he leaned in to peck your lips.

"Thank you," he mouthed, giving in to his daughter's pull, chuckling softly.

You grab the bacon and tray of eggs that you recalled seeing earlier and pulled out a pan.

You smiled to yourself. 

You were here, at this beach house, cooking breakfast as your husband - ex-husband - dresses your daughter.

This is the life.

"Y/N?"

You hummed in response.

Thomas wrapped his arms around you from behind. "Hope's already out back," his voice was muffled against your neck.

"Alright," you tilted your head to give his lips access. "I'm almost done here."

"Need any help?"

"Mmm, no. I guess you could bring the orange juice outside?"

"Done." he kissed behind your ear before disappearing.

Before he went to the back porch, you heard him lock the laundry room.

You should confront him about it, you knew that much. It shouldn't be a big deal if he didn't hide from you.

No more hiding. He promised.

Those two sentences haunted your mind as you joined your family out back.

Thomas was lying down on the hammock, Hope sitting down by his shoulders, his arm draped around her waist. She was talking animatedly to him about something and he was smiling and sometimes, responding to her.

She laughed when he did. It was a beautiful sight.

Hope saw you first, and Thomas helped her out of the hammock.