five

Hope you like it. :) Feel free to request, still.

Dedicated to Emma and Susan.

You and Thomas had a good, solid hour to yourselves, spent recalling the past seven years so you were both caught up. He didn't kiss you again, perhaps deciding to follow your plan on taking it slow. Your daughter decided to show up not too long afterward, hyped by the sugar rush the bag of marshmallows brought her.

She fell on her father's lap, barely keeping still.

"It's way past your bedtime, young lady," his tone wasn't stern, but joking. Turning to you, he said, "Let's head back home and get this ball of energy some water to wash the sugar down."

Hope seemed happy to see her parents spending time together, which added to her sugar rush. You were feeling sleepy, though, yet giddy from the events of tonight.

You were going to lead Hope to her bedroom, but Thomas stopped you.

"I put her things in my room, for now, I gave her a bath when you fell asleep."

You nodded, following the laughing pair up the third floor, to hisbedroom.

It was a little bigger than Hope's bedroom. A king-sized bed in white sheets was positioned before a glass wall with wooden panes overlooking the sea. A few plants garnished the dull, wooden corners of the room. A shelf beside the bathroom door had photo frames and a couple of books on them.

As Thomas undressed Hope, you scanned the photos. Your breath hitched when one of the largest photos caught your eye. It was a photo of you both in London, resting from unpacking in your new apartment. Ava probably took it. Another frame held a photo of his friends from The Maze Runner, then a photo of him and Ava on your wedding day. One small photo of you with Hope in your arms got your attention before Thomas asked you to hand him Hope's toothbrush.

"Love, one last thing. Can you set out a nightdress for her on my bed? I'll take care of this," he smiled charmingly at you, and you nodded, leaving the two to bond. Sounds of their laughter echoed across the four walls as you prepared Hope's clothes on the bed, and you decided to lay down for a moment to let your throbbing head rest.

Thomas probably carried you to Hope's room, because you woke up in the middle of the night with your head on a pillow and a blanket tucked to your chin.

You began to stretch your arms when your fingertips felt... hair.

Hair?

Trying to focus in the darkness, you spotted Hope first, sleeping peacefully.

Then you processed the peaceful rush of the waves outside.

Then, you put your focus back on Hope, who was wrapped in...Thomas' arms.

You were in Thomas' bedroom.

You stood up from the bed, walking to Thomas' small balcony overlooking the shore.

You heard the bed creak – turning, you caught Hope rolling over to your side of the bed and Thomas shifting towards her so she won't fall, leaving his side of the bed empty.

Since when did you have your own side on his bed? You chastised yourself.

It began getting cold, then, and Thomas had changed you to your nightwear which showed more skin.

The bed seemed more appealing, then.

Trembling, you padded back to the bed, Thomas' side being the only part of the bed available. So you lay down next to Thomas, turning your back to him.