eight

You woke up because it was too cold.

You were about to roll to your back when you almost fell off, realizing too late that you were on the couch with Thomas beneath you.

He was still asleep, his arms draped effortlessly around your waist. His lips were slightly pouted and it took every ounce of self-control you had to not kiss him at that moment.

It was a nice feeling, being this intimate with him. You were so close you could feel his crotch on your thigh.

Ruining the moment, your stomach rumbled, causing Thomas to stir.

He rubbed his hand on his face, taking a deep breath before looking at you with a small smile.

"Hello." he said, "this is, so far, the best sight I've woken up to in my life."

"Same here," you whispered, pecking him around his mouth.

"I do recall this," he slid his hand between you both on your stomach, "telling me that you're hungry."

"A little," you admitted.

"I'll take you out for breakfast," he announced, sitting up and taking you with him, resulting in your legs wrapped around his waist.

"Mmmkay," you smiled, getting off of him despite his whines.

Thomas smirked at you after a while. "Okay? No objections? No 'spoil your daughter'?" he formed air quotations with his fingers at his last words.

"No," you said simply, deciding to wear a light dress and a thick coat for today. "I'm just trying to not be a killjoy like you say I am,"

"Oh, my," he chuckled, shaking his head as he stood up himself. "We're going to take a boat to the cafe we're going to."

"Really?" you smiled excitedly, your eyes secretly scanning him from head to toe.

"Yeah," he nodded, throwing a sweater on. You loved it when Thomas wore sweaters. He was so huggable. But then again, you loved Thomas with nothing on best. "It's Ava's favorite place. Funnily enough, she told me to bring my girlfriend there on our first visit there as kids. She said it was romantic and any girl would love it."

You hummed. "We should send her a photo, then."

"Yeah,"

Snap.

You turned your head back to Thomas. His polaroid was directed towards you. You watched him put it down with a huge grin on his face as the camera printed your photo.

"Thomas!" you shrieked, "I'm barely wearing anything!"

"Mhmm, that's why I took a picture." he winked at you before blowing on the photo. "It lasts longer."

"You freaking..." you stomped towards him. You probably looked terrible.

"Ah, no," he smiled, his eyes raised as he lifted the photo up, far from your reach.

"Stupid tall people," you slumped and walked back to your clothes, deciding to change.

"That's going in my wallet." he announced proudly.

"And what if your mom or even your dad," you cringed, "goes through your stuff?"

He chuckled. "I'll put it under my credit cards, love, I'd kill anyone who'd be lucky enough to see you like that."

You huffed as you put your boots on then you frowned. "Why am I still cold?"

He walked towards you, putting his wallet in his back pocket. "Because you need this," he wrapped his arms around you, lifting you from the ground.