eleven

Some scenes inspired by Positively 4th Street on FF.Net.

By the time you reached the beach house, Hope was already lightly snoring.

Thomas commanded you to stay on the couch as he set your daughter in her room and brought the luggage inside. You used that time to get changed, and set out some clothes for Thomas as well.

"Y/N, I need to go catch up on work... Are you going to be okay?" Thomas called from the door of your bedroom.

"Thomas, it's two in the morning!" you sighed.

"I know, I just... I need to work on a few important things. I'll be in bed before you know it, I promise."

"Can I at least keep you company?"

"You already know the answer to that, sweetheart." He walked towards you where you stood beside the bed and kissed you briefly. "Good night."

He gave you a warning look before leaving as if chastising you of any ideas of sneaking out to keep him company.

You gave him a wink in turn.

You decided to spare Thomas the additional stress by doing as he said. But once your head hit the pillow, you frowned.

Going against your better judgment you grabbed your pillow and set out to find Thomas in his office - yes, he had an office in a freaking beach house - only to be welcomed by a glare.

"Why are you here, love?" his eyes trailed to the pillow in your arms. "Is that for me?" he smirked.

"...No," you made your way to his cluttered desk. "it's for me."

He cocked his head to the right.

He was so adorable.

"It doesn't smell right," you explained.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll go ask the housekeepers to use another deter-"

"No," you interrupted. "it doesn't smell like home,"

It took a few moments for comprehension to flash on his tired face. "You are too precious." he took your pillow and rested his head against it, rubbing his hair on it as he threw you a wink.

"Better," you smiled. "What are you doing?"

"Making some arrangements." he paused. "Since you're here, is it okay if I get my sister and some other guys to move your things to my house? The furniture will stay - you can decide what to do with them."

"Is that what you're working on?"

He nodded.

"Thomas... it can wait. Please come to bed."

"It's been waiting for six years, Y/N. How many times do I have to say that?"

You frowned at him. "Fine. But your sister packs mine and Hope's clothes..."

"You didn't have to ask, love," he smirked, amused. "Of course I won't let some random man touch your underwear."

"Thank you," you smiled. "Can you come to bed now?"

"No, but you can," he sat up, removing the pillow from his head. "Does this meet your expectations, miss?" he smiled, handing it to you.

You sniffed it in an un-ladylike manner. "Nothing like the real thing... I might have to stay here. Oh well." You faked a pout and slumped.

He gave you a glare. "You're so lucky that I love you."