one

A/N: Don't forget to vote if you like it! Once this reaches a few votes, I'll begin to upload the others. Not that the numbers matter - I just want to see if you all are reading this. Hope you enjoy!

I'm bloody-tbs on Tumblr. Requests are open.

Your ex-husband, Thomas, insisted on watching your six-year-old daughter Hope while you go the US to attend a conference for writers. Reluctantly, you agreed, and here you were at his home.

"Daddy!" your daughter ran up to your lanky ex-husband, crawling to his neck.

"Hey, princess," he smiled – genuinely, too.

Then he saw you.

And he gave you that same fake smile, full of unsaid words and feelings.

"Hello, Y/N." he reached out to hug you awkwardly. It was less uncomfortable since Hope was between you both, and he patted your back friendlily.

"Hi, Thomas." You smiled, reaching for Hope's bag. "Here's her bag. I packed up three extra sets of clothes and some snacks in case she gets hungry,"

Thomas took the pink backpack from you, chuckling. "Y/N, she has clothes here, and I have a kitchen."

You widened your eyes slightly, before nodding sheepishly. "Riiight. Well, off I go, then." You leaned in to kiss Hope on the cheek, then Thomas spoke up.

"How about you stay for dinner?" he suggested shyly, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

"Yeah, mommy, stay!" Hope pouted.

"For a bit, my flight is in three hours." You complied.

"I can drive you." Thomas offered. "We can get food on the road."

Thomas was acting odd. He'd always act stiff when you were around, and he was always almost evidently waiting for you to leave already.

But today, he wanted to spend time with you.

Despite yourself, you nodded, turning to Hope. "Honey, why don't you go unpack some of your things? Freshen up before we leave?"

Hope looked at her father. At his nod of agreement, Hope hopped off to her bedroom – a room Thomas had the people build especially for her when you were still married.

"What's up with you today?" you demanded, following Thomas to the kitchen.

He set down two glasses and a pitcher of iced tea, sighing. "I just want to seeboth my girls again, okay, Y/N? Just for tonight. For Hope."

Did he just call you his girl?

If you were honest with yourself, you probably hoped he wanted you to stay because he wanted you, daughter or no daughter. But you nodded.

I mean, you wouldn't be forced to befriend him if Hope didn't come into the picture, right?

Handing you your glass of tea, an awkward silence followed.

"Daddy, I want one too!" your daughter stood in the hallway, eyeing you both happily, probably overjoyed at the rare sight of her two parents together.

"You won't be able to sleep tonight, darling, how about milk?" he offered. At your daughter's nod, he reached for a glass and the carton.

"Do you have cookies, too?" she asked.

"Hope," you interrupted, a warning tone wavering in your voice.

"It's alright, love, really," he told you. And he was just as shocked as you were.