three

A/N: Don't forget to vote if you wish to see the next part - I do want to know how many of you are reading this. Thank you!

Twitter: bloodytbs_

Thomas padded towards his kitchen two weeks later to see his daughter devouring a bowl of cereal, milk spilled everywhere on the table. Hope caught his eye, and she smiled at him proudly.

"I made my own breakfast, Daddy!"

Despite the stress boiling on Thomas' nerves, he laughed breathily. "That's nice, baby." He reached for a rag and began cleaning Hope's failed attempts at an edible meal. Afterward, Thomas made himself his own bowl and looked at the young girl excitedly.

"I have a surprise for you," he declared, leaning towards her and smiling boyishly.

Hope eyed him skeptically – probably another habit she picked up from you.

"Love, I've got something for you," Thomas slipped in your bedroom where you were messaging his sister on his laptop.

You narrowed your eyes at him. "It's half past midnight, Tom."

"Time's nothing when it comes to making my girl happy."

"What is it?" Hope finished the last of her cereal.

"We have to drive there," he grinned. "I set out an outfit on your bed. Change up then meet me at the truck." he kissed her cheek before setting out to clean the table.

-

After a two-hour drive, Hope's eyes brightened up. "We're going to go get Mommy!"

Thomas smiled, keeping his eyes on the road. "Yes, we are. Look behind you, baby."

Through the window, Hope looked at the back of the pick-up truck. Thomas had put a lot of bags in there, but the one thing that stood out was a beach ball.

"We're taking Mommy to the beach!" she bounced in her seat.

"Mhmm," Thomas responded brightly. "but Mummy doesn't know, so be quiet about it," he made a sharp turn towards the airport's gates. "We're here, lovely."

At his stop, Hope hopped off the truck and waited for her father to walk around the truck. People began filing out of your designated gate, but he held no sight of you.

"I can't see, Dad," Hope whined. He lifted her to his shoulders, her legs on either side of his neck. She giggled in surprise. "I'm taller than you now,"

"Then you look for Mummy for me, will you?"

"I see her!" she pointed towards your direction, and your eyes finally met his.

Hope wiggled out of Thomas' grip to run to you. She clung to your leg before you scooped her up in your arms, thanking Thomas quietly when he took care of your luggage.

"How was the flight?" Thomas inquired politely as you made your way to the truck.

"It was tiring. I haven't gotten any sleep yet." You sighed, climbing up the vehicle. The comfy passenger seat made you sure that you'd doze off any second.

"You want something to eat?"

Before you could respond, Hope nodded her approval and relayed her preference of McDonald's.

You took notice that Thomas drove farther away from the route to his house.

"Tommy, there's a McDonald's that just opened a few blocks away from your place."

"We're not going back to my place, Y/N." he replied matter-of-factly.

"We're going to the beach!" Hope piped up after being silent for so long - probably holding back this much-needed information.