ten

HEY, HEY, it's been a while! Sorry for the semi-hiatus. Vote if you like it -- please tell me what you think! Makes my day!

"Are you sure you want to leave now?" Thomas asked as he turned the car to the main road. "We can leave when you're feeling better."

"No, I'm missing Hope already, anyway." you looked at his expression. "I'm sorry for cutting our trip short."

"It's fine, love," he reassured. "I miss her too."

"I had a nice time, Thomas. Thank you."

He just gave you a wink and an affectionate smile before turning to the road.

The trip was like an opportunity to live through the moments you should have experienced through the years you weren't together.

The tap, tap, tap of a keyboard woke you from your peaceful sleep.

You rolled to Thomas' side, confused when your head hit his stomach instead of his shoulder.

Propping yourself up on your elbows, you looked to see Thomas in his reading glasses, staring at you intently, laptop forgotten.

"Did you sleep well, my love?" his tone was teasing -- he turned back to his laptop, typing away.

"I did," you answered sincerely. "I'm quite stiff, though, I'm not sure why."

Thomas stopped typing briefly. "Maybe I wore you out a little too much last night."

You glared at him as a mischievous smile played on his lips -- he even pretended to be busy on his laptop.

"To be fair," he continued, not looking at you, "you wore me out as well. And if you want to rest today you should get some clothes on for my sake."

Thomas already had a white shirt and boxers on, reminding you of your lack of clothing.

"I put some clothing there by your feet, I'm not sure what you want to wear."

"...these aren't mine," you said, going through the pile.

"Well, I can't just take your clothes from the beach house without you suspecting, can I?"

"You bought these?" you asked, incredulous.

"It seemed like the best way to go. A thank you is just fine by me."

"Thank you," you sighed. "I have no place to put these clothes at home, but thank you."

"More reason for you to move in with me," he smirked.

"Thomas," you warned.

"Lay with me for a while," he set his laptop on his sidetable and opened his arms to you.

"Hello?"

You shook yourself out of your Thomas-trance, listening in to his phone call.

"Yes, baby, here -- talk to Mum -- Daddy is driving." he gave you the phone. There was no need to say who it is.

"Hey, baby," you cooed.

Silence.

"Hello?" you called.

Nothing.

"Try calling them back," Thomas suggested.

"Y/N?"

"Matt?"

"Hey, little sis. Your little spike of energy here just took all the cookies."