last goodbye

Death couldn't seem to understand how walking straight forward in a void was going to get him to geno.

What's left of him at least.

But every step death took felt like spikes stabbing his head. Telling him, geno will be okay, Toriel must have misread her intentions and geno's really fine.
He's fine.

But death couldn't seem to believe those lies anymore. He knows geno is somewhere out here, hurt. And death wasn't there with him.

"Were almost there," Toriel said sadly, "this is the only dretection in the void that actually leads somewhere."

Death didn't need to be told twice,  he was starting to feel someone's presence. And he was sure it was geno's, it felt so small and weak.

Death and Life came to a halt, in front of them shattered glass from mirrors floated. Some pieces laid on the floor others remained up in the air.
But nothing prepared Life and death for what they saw next.

The figure was small, for they were far away. But death could make out the red ripped scarf, the glitch and the blood that stained his sweater.

Death ran to him.

"Death wait!"  Toriel called after him. But death was long gone.

"Geno!" Death cried in relief as he got nearer. The small skeleton heard his voice and perked up.

"DONT LOOK AT ME!" Geno hollered and turned away, trying to hide himself from death.

Death stopped in surprise,  "g-geno, it's me." He reached and put a hand on geno's shoulder, "It's death, geno. I'm here."

Geno buried his face deeper in his arms, "please don't look. I look horrible."

Death stayed quiet and took geno's hands away from his face and looked at him.
It wasn't something death would want geno to go through. Deaths already seen his floating hands, part of geno's wrist were dusted off and left his hands there.
His scarf was battered and ripped,  it was so small that it looked like a bandanna around his neck.

And his face, more blood seemed to pour out if his mouth. And the glitch, it covered the rest of his face. Death could see how the rest of his face melted.

Yet death still loved him.

"Hey," death said, his voice was gentle and soft, "geno, look at me."

Geno raised his head slightly and meet deaths gaze. Even though geno couldn't see him, he could still feel deaths smile.

Death then kissed the palm of geno's hand, "I still love you,"

I still love you

Those words brought geno to tears as he took death into an embrace and cried, "I'm so sorry!, I can never do anything right! And I got you Into this mess and-and"

"Sshhh," death hushed him, "this wasn't your fault, it's going to be okay,"

Through their hug, death met life's eye, she looked at him with sadness and sighed.
Death knew what she ment.

It's time

Death hugged geno some more, comforting him.

He let go.

"G-geno look, I-i don't know how to say t-this," Death gasped and looked away.

Geno soon caught on, he knew what death was talking about.

Geno grabbed deaths face and made him look at him, he then pulled death into a kiss.

After a while they pulled apart and death trembled with blue tears staining his eye sockets.
"I-i-i don't w-want to-to d- *gasp* do th-this geno!" Death sobbed. "I ca-can't *gasp*-"