Chapter 19: Driven Mad

Start from the beginning

My head was acing like a brick was being thrown inside. My shoulder was burning like a hot rock on skin. My temper was increasing really quickly. My insides were ticking. Ready to explode any second.

What was wrong with me? What was with my black eyes that made even me becoming afraid of myself?

I was about to exit, my neck twitching.

I was loosing control. I have never lost control.

Then I felt something small touch my left forearm.

My head snapped to the small hand on my arm, a deep dangerous growl starting from my chest.

My black eyes began following the arm up to Carol's face.

My lip began twitching, some of my teeth barring.

God! I probably looked savage!

"Eva.....please calm down," Carol said looking sadly at me.

The whole lunchroom seemed tense, watching the event unravel.

My right hand shot up, grabbing Carol's hand that was on my left arm and holding her small wrist in my hand.

I pulled her closer, being nose to nose, though she was a lot shorter than me, and looked straight in her eyes.

Her fear was plain to see, her small eyes snapping back and forth to each of mine.

"Do. Not. Tell. Me. To. Calm. Down," I said dangerously low, my voice didn't even sound like mine!

"P....Please E..Eva.....your hurting my hand," Carol whimpered, and I was positive that it wouldn't bruise or be broken.

I let her hand go, she immediately cradled it to her chest looking at my face in fear.

"W....what's wrong Eva?" she said her face full of horror.

I stopped my growling, my lip stopped twitching, and a smile appeared on my face.

I was positive I had gone crazy.

"What's wrong?" I said coming closer to her. She, amazingly, didn't back away though it took a lot because she was shaking in fear.

"What's wrong you ask?" I said again, my voice sound more and more sarcastic.

Why was I doing this?

What was going on!

My wolf can't even speak to me! She's just whimpering!

"Well, my dear Carol," I said smiling. I was most likely scarier than a clown, with my black eyes and shaking form. "I can give you a list of thing wrong with me right now!"

I stated all this considerably calmly, "First of all, this frickin' full moon is driving me crazy! I can't even speak my mind! My wolf is in there somewhere confused as hell! My head hurts, my shoulder burns, it was waaay to hot in here, and you small voice is driving me mad!"

The whole lunchroom was quick listening to me. Carol seemed taken aback, her eyes wide.

I looked at all the people, my eyes narrowed making them quickly look away and quietly whispering.

Satisfied, I smiled once more, meeting Carol face to face.

"And you ask 'what's wrong'," I mocked.

That was it! It was a full moon!

But......why am I acting like this.

I grabbed onto the wall to stop me from falling down. All my pain was coming back, nausea making my head spin like I had just spun in circles.