"Yeah, and you still did with your stubborn ass." He shrugged. "So, you cheated on her?" I asked. "No nigga. Like I said, I didn't wanna hurt her. She was too good of a woman for me to do that to her." He said.

"So, what happened?" I asked, unclear of the situation. "I caught feelings for her. I felt just like how I felt when Ashley and I first got together. So, within that month and a half that Ashley was too busy for me, we chilled. We talked and connected. I didn't fuck her, but man did she make that shit hard." He said shaking his head at the memory.

"Pause." I said chuckling. "Shut yo ass up!" He laughed too. But as soon as the smile was plastered on his face, it quickly disappeared. "She always told me, before I cheat on her, break up with her. Because if I cheated, that shit would break her. She would have so many questions about what she didn't do right.I couldn't do it to her man. So, I left. I told her I didn't wanna do it no more."

"If my guesses are correct, I know you still love her and I knew she loves you right back. They say if you love something, you gotta let it go and if it comes back to you, you know it's yours. Maybe right now wasn't for y'all. Everything happens for a reason, little cousin." I told him throwing my hand over his shoulder.

"Yeah man, I guess so." He said as he led the way outside. When he pulled the door open, we both could hear how loud our family members were. But, it was amplified when we actually stepped outside. "My nigga!" I heard as I planted my on the porch.

"What's up D?" I asked as I pulled Dante in for a hug. "I'm glad y'all made it safe. How you doing man?" I asked. You could say that Dante and I were cool. We bonded over different things, and although I wasn't all the way here for my sister dating at first, I'm just lucky it's with a nigga like him. He's good for her.

We caught up quickly before Desean came over almost tackling me. "Uncle Chris!" He beamed. "What's up, my favorite nephew?" I asked. "Ain't I your only nephew?" He asked confused making me chuckle.

"I know that ain't my big head sister!" I yelled looking down the driveway at Madi and Tootie. I could see her roll her eyes at me and Madi chuckle. "Boy please, your head is bigger than mine!" She shouted back making me laugh. I picked Desean up, hugged him, and told him I'd be right back after I said hello to his mother.

I jogged down the driveway and engulfed my sister on a bear hug. "I missed your ugly ass." I said letting her go. "I couldn't tell by the way you don't call me anymore." Sh rolled her eyes at me. "Imma do better." I promised as a tinted black SUV pulled up in front of us.

"Who's that?" Tootie asked, making Madi and I shrugged our shoulders. I swear when after the door opened, everything just happened in slow motion. "Hi Christopher." She smiled over at me. "Lia?" I answered back confused.

"I mean, a 'hello' would be nice." She said crossing her arms over her breast with a smirk etched on her face. "Uh, wassup?" I asked. "Ouch!" I groaned after receiving a pinch from Tootie. I turned back to look at them and man, if looks could kill, a nigga would be six feet under. Madi was serving me the illest stank face right now. You would think she walked in on Lia and I in our bed, but I simply just said hello to her. I didn't hug her, high five her, do a secret handshake- I just said "Wassup?"

"Can we help you?" Madi asked as soon as her eyes moved away from me and onto Lia. "I was speaking to Chris." She scoffed. "Well now you're speaking to me, so again can we help you?" Madi asked again with even more attitude.

"Mmm, still feisty huh?" Lia said flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Bitch-" "Yo, chill." I said hushing them both. "Come on Madison, let's go see Mel and Dominic." Tootie said grabbing her hand and pulling her toward the house.