Chapter 23

It's Monday and Lucas starts his day with so much work, he's busy preparing his presentation for the next project that he's going to lead.

It's a good thing he has the best weekend, and he smiles with the thought, until his pr barge in his office bringing newspaper, what I've done this time surely I didn't do anything except.....oh my God. Liza.

His pr lay the paper in his table and said "what do you want me to do with it?"

He's right as he read the paper "just do the usual and please ask my security to come over I have instructions"

He was left alone in his office thinking about Liza, he knows that now she's not safe, he needs to keep her safe.

He hears a small knock on his door and soon his head security enter.

"I need your help, I want you to personally secure Liza Samuels, make sure to keep her safe and away from paps"

The head security just nod without a question.

Lucas decided to go to Liza's place for him to talk personally to Liza about her security and the situation she's in.

================================

A knock was heard by Liza not knowing what to do, she just stare at the door, what if it's a paps and asked her many questions, what would she says, the knocking continues but Liza decided to ignore it until she hears Lucas voice from the outside.

She open the door and let Lucas in and close immediately after.

"ahmm, about the news this morning..." Liza stutter

"that's the reason I'm here,
I want to explain it to you personally, I know you're not used to this, this is only a glimpse of my world, now I want to know what are your plans?"

"if this is a glimpse of your world, how do you think I can cope with it, when you know that this is too far from mine?" Liza asked him in a low voice

"as of now, I don't know, but I just want you to hold on and don't let go of me, I promise you that I'm going to protect you with all my heart and I won't let anybody harm you, can you trust me on this?"

Liza was silent and think about it, she never thought that being involved to Lucas means taking risks, she's not ready, how about if he was involved in some psycho before, maybe being with him is not her fate.

"please say something, tell me that you will not let go, that your going to hold on, please" Lucas begged

"what if you have a psycho of an ex, and she wants to put me in danger?"

"I'll take care of you, and that's a promise, actually right at this moment I assigned a security for you outside and he will be coming with you wherever you go"

"I don't like that, I want to go anywhere without someone following, I want to have a normal life and I know I can't have that with you" she said

"are you not going to make a try?, please, I'm not used to beg but this time I'm begging you"

Liza stare at him straight to his eyes and she saw his sincerity

"OK I'm going to make a try but please just 1 security, and if ever I don't feel like it's working we're going to end this, am I clear?"

Lucas was now relax and hugs Liza.

"thank you so much" Lucas

"and why thanking me? you're the one who makes this working, you're the one who exert more effort just to protect me, so it's me that should be thanking you" she said not pulling out from the hug

"I thank you for making me feel like I'm worthy to fight for because of what you did, taking a risk is not you, but you did it just for me, I appreciate it the most and it feels great"

"it's not only me who makes a try, you too, you don't do dating remember?" she said

Lucas chuckles and remember Fred, her security is outside waiting. He let the man in and introduce him to Liza

"Liz this is Fred Meyer, he will be your personal guard, Fred, Liza Samuels"

"nice meeting you Fred, and I hope you will not get tired of seeing my face" Liza make a little conversation with her new buddy.

"rest assured ma'am, and your security is my first priority" Fred said

"cut the formality Fred, call me Liza" she said smiling

"now that you know each other, can you leave us first" Lucas said to Fred

"yes sir, I'll be outside" Fred said smiling

Fred is now totally out of their sight when Lucas talk.

"by the way, this Friday is my mom's birthday, and she wants you to be there"

"but.... " she was cut by a kiss courtesy of Lucas

"sorry babe, but I already said yes to her, so you better make me proud" he said whispering to her

"but... "

"your dress will be delivered tomorrow and your personal stylist and her team will be here Friday morning, the only thing you can do is to show mom yourself, please..."

"how can I say no, when everything is already planned?" she said in defeat

"thank you so much" he said with a cheeky smile on and give her a peck on the lips "and now sleep well and have a beauty rest, we don't want to look haggard on Friday night"

She roll her eyes and said "as if I can sleep"

He chuckles and kisses her again "now you can" and go home.

How can I sleep when what I thought is his mom's birthday and his kiss, hmm...selfish much!