"Taming Of The Shrew"

"Are you sure about this?" Zayn asked Emily, as he kneeled at the bottom of their bed in only his boxers.

"Yes," Emily said, nodding her head, "Zayn, I want you. I want you more then anything."

"I just want to be sure you're ready," Zayn said, "I just don't want to pressure you..." He looked at Emily as she lay there in a black bra and thong. This is how he had found her as he came out of his shower, lying there, and waiting for him. He knew exactly what she was asking for before she even opened her mouth.

"You aren't," Emily whispered, shaking her head, "Zayn, I just want to feel you. Please."

Zayn took a second to take her in. There she was looking as beautiful as ever, and begging him to take her. He felt himself get hard. She lay there waiting for his next move.

Zayn pressed a kiss to her ankle, causing her toes to squirm. Zayn caught her ankle, looking up at her.

"There will be plenty of time for you to squirm," Zayn said, "Now is not it..."

He continued to kiss up her legs, and he could feel her breathing increase. When he got to her inner thigh, he pulled her legs, farther apart to kiss inside them. Emily involuntarily bucked her hips toward him, and Zayn could feel how wet she was through her underwear. Hooking his fingers through them, he pulled them down and allowed her to kick them off.

He moved his thumb over her, causing her to whimper and shudder at the same time.

"You are so ready for me, baby," he whispered, looking up at her. She couldn't bring herself to do anything but nod. She was nervous and excited and ready and scared and so so turned on. She swallowed hard as Zayn put one of his fingers in, pumping slowly. She gasped as he curled his finger in her, before pulling it out.

"How do you want this?" Zayn asked his voice gentle, before he lowered a kiss on to her stomach.

"I want you to take me however you want me," Emily responded immediately, not because that's really what she wanted, but it's because it's what she thought she was supposed to say. "I'm yours," she added.

Zayn had frozen at her words, realizing that she wanted to make this about him. He realized that in the past, that's probably how it was for her. Her being a tool to pleasure Rob, but that wasn't how it would be with Rob. This was just as much about her as it was about him.

"No, no," Zayn said quietly, "As much as I appreciate that love, this is about you too, especially tonight. And I think you are lying when you say that's what you want. And you know how I feel about lying." He voice was dark and deep, and Emily watched as lust flashed through his eyes, "It's naughty... do you want to be punished?"

"No," Emily hissed, although she was getting wetter.

"Then don't lie," Zayn said, "Now, let me ask again, how do you want this?"

"I just want to feel you, Zayn..." Emily begged, practically panting. Zayn ripped off his boxers, finally feeling less constrictive. Lifting her leg, to go around his waist, he lined up with her. She looked a little nervous, so Zayn kissed her hard.

"Are you ready?" he asked, she couldn't do anything but nod, so Zayn pushed into her. Emily gasped at the sensation, and Zayn stopped. She wasn't a virgin, but it had been a while, and she wasn't used to it. After she took a deep breath, Zayn pushed farther in. He grabbed her leg, and kissed her again, staying put, giving her time to adjust to him.

"You can move," she whispered, "Please."

And he did, but he was slow. Not because she couldn't take him going fast and hard, but because she had asked her feel him. Soon they had a rhythm going, as he kissed her neck, and pushed himself deeper and deeper into her. She moaned every time he hit her spot, and her hips fell perfectly against his as she moved against him.

"You're beautiful," he whispered into her neck as he pushed further, moaning himself as she clenched around him. He had never gone this slowly with anyone, because it had never meant so much to him. He felt her fingers on him back, pressing into him, and her head rolled backwards, allowing him to kiss it again. His tongue rolled over her neck, as he took her again, and she moaned louder then she had before.

"Oh God, you feel so good," she said, making him push further in, he wanted to make her feel even better.

"Oh god, Zayn," she hissed, as she clenched, her legs tightening around his hips.

"I'm almost there, baby," he whispered, pushing into her again, kissing her gently.

"Me too," she said, moaning loudly, and allowing her head to roll back once more.

"Look at me," Zayn hissed, huskily, "I want to see you when you come." And then she did, and then they did, both moaning together.

Emily's head rolled back, smacking the wall behind her, snapping her back into the reality. She wasn't in that bed with Zayn, she was their room at the beach house and she had just finished getting dressed. She felt flushed and hot, and could feel the wetness as she thought back to her first time with Zayn.

It had been so long since he had touched her like that. First because they were taking it slow after getting back together – not wanting to ruin anything. But things had been better for them, and she had been yearning for him, but then everything happened with Sofia, and she had barely talked to him over the last few days. She wasn't the only one; everyone seemed a bit distant with Zayn. They couldn't help but be angry with how he had chosen to handle training with Sofia. They held him responsible for her actions.

"Em!" Sofia said, making Emily jump in fright as her and Daisy barreled into her room.

"Jesus, guys!" Emily spat out. Sofia took in the flush of her cheeks, and how uncomfortable she looked. She took in the tiny beads of sweat.

"Are you okay?" Daisy questioned, stepping forward.

"I'm alright, I'm just... I was just..." Emily grew flustered, because she didn't know what to say, "I was just thinking..."

"About Zayn?" Daisy asked, her voice sympathetic.

"Kind of," Emily said, looking anywhere but them. She was uncomfortable now.

"Oh my god," Sofia said, a grin appearing, "We're you ... having a daydream?"

"What?! No!" Emily protested, but Daisy and Sofia didn't believe her and laughed.

"We can go get him," Daisy suggested

"He could sort you out," Sofia said, causing Emily's cheeks to go even redder.

"No, it wasn't that!" Emily argued, "Stop it!"

"And here we were just trying to tell you that Niall and Ella are here," Sofia said, grinning, shaking her head, "I suppose you'll need a little bit, if you don't want us to send Zayn up..."

"Stop it!" Emily hissed, stomping her foot, causing Daisy to laugh, "Please..." Emily said. It was then Sofia saw the insecurity and doubt flash through Emily's eyes. It wasn't that they had just caught her in an uncomfortable moment; it was that they had caught her thinking too.

"Are you okay?" Daisy asked, realizing it too. Sofia smiled at the fact that Daisy picked up on Emily, she appreciated it.

"Yes," Emily said quickly.

"Em, what's going on?" Sofia asked, closing the door, and walking towards the bed.

"I just... can we talk?" Emily asked

"Always," Daisy said, climbing onto the bed, and sitting cross-legged beside Sofia.

"Without it leaving this room..." Emily said, looking at her closest friends.

"Of course," Sofia said, cocking her head to the side in curiosity.

"It's about Zayn," Emily said, as she moved towards the bed.

"Are you going to go into details?" Sofia said, "Because I would like to be spared..."

"It's not like that," Emily said, shaking her head.

"This sounds serious," Daisy said, her voice concerned, causing Sofia to stop joking around.

"Come on, Em," Sofia said, "What's up?" And Emily sighed, before launching into what she was thinking.

***

"What's that?" Birdie asked, as she looked out the window.

"The ocean," Liam answered, "now get off the couch like that before Harry comes down here and has a fit." Birdie huffed, causing Liam to raise his eyebrows at her but he didn't say anything as she climbed off the back of the couch.

"When can I play with David?" Birdie asked, looking up at Liam, who picked her up and placed her on his hip.

"When he wakes up from his nap," Liam said, "Like I told you the first three times..."

"Well, why can't we just wake him up?" Birdie asked, her voice annoyed.

"Because, he needs a nap," Liam said, "What is the matter with you today? You haven't been very sweet." Birdie huffed, struggling in Liam's arms, and hopping down on the floor.

"Birdie, you're attitude needs adjusting," Liam said quietly, "And I would suggest it happens before Harry catches wind of it." Birdie had been in quite the mood since the decision to go to the beach house and have a wedding had happened. She had been doing things that she wasn't supposed to, like talking back or climbing on furniture, or going outside without an adult. Little things, nothing too big, but enough to annoy and frustrate everyone.

"I'm bored here, I don't like it," Birdie said, glaring.

"This house has everything our other house has," Liam said, "It's not boring. What would you like to do? Watch a movie? Get out some toys? We could find Danielle and bake..."

"No," Birdie said.

"Excuse you, young lady?" Sofia said, coming down the stairs.

"No thank you," Birdie corrected quickly, at the sight of Sofia's hands on her hips.

"I was thinking we could go for a walk on the beach," Sofia said, looking at Birdie.

"Really?" Birdie asked, her eyes suddenly filled with excitement.

"Yeah, I want to show you the ocean," Sofia said, watching as Birdie got more and more excited. Liam chuckled at the little girl.

"Okay!" Birdie said, running for the door.

"Oh no, if you want to see the beach and the sand and the ocean and where Harry and I plan on getting married," Sofia said, "You need to put a jacket on."

"But I hate jackets!" Birdie whined, turning to face Sofia, all the
excitement gone from her face.

"I don't care," Sofia said, "You need to put on a jacket. It's chilly out."

"I don't want to!" Birdie said, stomping her feet. Liam looked at Sofia, who swallowed and sighed.

"Birdie, this isn't about what you want. If you don't put on a jacket, we won't leave the house..." Sofia said, quietly.

"That's stupid!" Birdie shouted, stomping her foot, "You're so stupid!"

"Birdie..." Sofia tried to coo, trying to get her to calm down. Liam glared at his sister, hoping that she would stop playacting the little girl.

"You're stupid! And being here is stupid!" Birdie yelled, "I hate it!"

"Why?" Sofia asked, "What's the matter?" Liam tried not to roll his eyes. There was nothing the matter with Birdie, she just wanted her way.

"I didn't even want to come!" Birdie yelled again, "And you wouldn't let me bring Darcy! And I think you're stupid!"

"Birdie, love," Sofia tried again, her voice gentle, but Liam had had enough.

"Birdie!" Liam interrupted, as Birdie let out a small brattish scream, "I don't know who you think you are talking to like that. Maybe my sister is okay with you talking to her like that, but I'm not! And if I have to go get your father –" Liam and Sofia both froze at his words, but Birdie didn't even seem to care, as she glared and stomped some more, "I mean, Harry. I will. You stop this right now!"

"NO!" Birdie yelled at him.

"Excuse me?!" A stern voice came, causing Sofia to close her eyes, and press her fingers to her nose. It was very clear who the disciplinarian was out of the two of them. She watched as Birdie visibly became calmer, because she knew that now that Harry was here, she was in trouble.

"What is going on here?" Harry asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Harry, it's nothing..." Sofia tried to say, but Liam's sigh stopped her.

"That's not what I heard," Harry said, before turning to Birdie, "I could here you yelling all the way upstairs..." Birdie didn't say anything, she just glared.

"I don't know what has gotten into you," Harry said, "But you know better then to call anyone stupid, let alone an adult. And stomping your feet and screaming is no way to communicate. And I certainly shouldn't hear you yelling all the way from upstairs." Birdie still didn't say anything, pouting at Harry.

"You can march yourself right up those stairs, and go to your room," Harry said, his voice stern, "I will be up in a few minutes after you've calmed down."

"I don't want to go to my room," Birdie snapped, causing Harry's eyes to flash.

"And I don't care what you want," Harry said, picking up the little girl, who started to squirm in his arms, "You will not behave like a brat, no matter what the circumstances are." Soon Harry was walking up the stairs, with a yelling Birdie in his arms, Sofia trailing behind them. This was not how she saw the first day at the beach house going, and she didn't know what had gotten into Birdie. Harry opened the door to Birdies room, and sat down on the bed with her on his lap.

"I don't know what has gotten into you," he said, "But unless you want a sore bottom, you will stop making a scene right this minute!" Birdie immediately stopped squirming, but she glared up at Harry.

"I don't like you!" Birdie hissed, pushing out of Harry's arms. Sofia expected Harry to loose his temper, but he didn't. His eyes flashed with hurt, but he stood from the bed.

"I'm sorry you feel that way," Harry said, "I don't like you much when you act like this either, but I do love you." Sofia watched as Birdie kicked the end of the bed.

"Enough Birdie," she said.

"You are on very thin ice," Harry said, "Now, you have two choices. You can continue to throw a fit, and kick furniture, and you can take a trip over my knee. Or you can calm down on your own, and I will be up later to discuss this with you." Birdie didn't say anything, but she did sit on the floor, no longer screaming or kicking. She was however, still glaring.

"Good choice," Harry said, "You will stay here until I come and get you. If you leave this room, there will be consequences. Do you understand me?" Birdie said nothing.

"I asked you a question, and I expect an answer," Harry said, Birdie opened her mouth to respond, but Harry cut her off, "And for your sake, it'd better be polite."

"I understand," Birdie said, before looking down at the floor.

"Good," Harry said, turning to the door of the bedroom and walking out. Sofia stayed, watching the small child pouting on the floor.

"Let's go, Sofia," Harry said quietly, "She cannot act like this, and she needs consequences. And you cannot feel bad about it." Sofia sighed, but she turned following Harry out of the bedroom.

"You okay?" he asked her, turning to her, knowing that she hated when they had to be strict with Birdie.

"I'll get better at it, I promise," Sofia said.

"I don't mind being the disciplinarian, Sofia," Harry said, "I almost expected to be. It's just nice to have you as back up..."

"I'm sorry," Sofia said

"Don't be," Harry said, "You didn't fight me, you were there. That's back up. Look, this whole thing is a learning experience... we'll get there...."

"Well, with David asleep and Birdie on lock down," Sofia said, "I want to call a family meeting."

"You're not getting cold feet are you?" Harry said, "Because we're supposed to be married in less then 36 hours...."

"No, I'm not getting cold feet," Sofia said, laughing, "I just... have some things I need to say... that's all."

***

"Now that everyone is here," Sofia said, looking at everyone who was sitting in the living room, "welcome home, by the way Ella." Ella smiled warmly at her.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about the hospital again," Sofia said quietly.

"Sofia, it's under the bridge," Niall said, waving his hand.

"But it isn't," Sofia said, glancing at Zayn, who was sitting on the edge of the couch.

"Look," Sofia said, "I'm getting married in 2 days. And the way you guys have jumped on board this crazy idea, and gotten catering and called people, and got the dresses and the tuxes and the music and all that, it's amazing..."

"But?" Eleanor asked, smiling a bit

"But, it's my wedding day and I don't want us to go into it with any lingering feelings of anger and resentment..."

"Sofia, no one feels that way," Danielle said gently.

"Then why is it that Zayn is getting the cold shoulder from everyone?" Sofia asked, causing Zayns head to snap up and everyone to go quiet.

"Sofia, you don't have to defend me..." Zayn said

"Look, maybe he didn't think it through," Sofia said, shrugging, "But he was just trying to help me and he was doing what he thought was best, and I guess I just don't understand why you can't forgive him."

"Sofia," Harry growled, "He almost screwed up everything."

"No Harry!" Sofia said, "I did! Look, when Zayn told me to turn off my emotions, he meant in the ring. He didn't know that I would totally go off – and maybe it wasn't the best advice. But, it was easy for me to do, because I was trained that way. But here's the thing, I was raised better. By you guys..." Everyone's face went a little softer when she said that.

"I don't think Zayn thought what he was doing was wrong, he was just trying to protect me, in the only way he could think of," Sofia said, "But I knew it was wrong."

"What?" Liam asked

"I knew the way I was behaving wasn't okay, and it's because I was raised better then that. Zayn may have put the idea out there, but I grabbed it and ran with it. I'm an adult, and you can't blame my actions on Zayn..."

"No, but they can be angry," Zayn said.

"No, they can't!" Sofia insisted, "You should just forgive him, and let's move on!"

"It's not easy, Sofia!" Louis snapped, "Look, you're just getting a taste of raising a kid. But, the five us – we know what it's like. Because you're right, we did raise you. And when we agreed to move in and take care of you, we agreed that we would be on the same page. There's a reason when one of us knew something, all of us knew something. It wasn't to make your life miserable – although that was a perk. It was because when you are taking care of someone, you need to know that you have back up, and therefore everyone needs to be on the same page. Zayn hid this from all of us; we didn't know what was going on in your training sessions... I think we all feel a little betrayed...."

"But, Lou," Sofia argued

"No, he's right," Zayn said, standing up, "I owe all of you an apology. Because, Lou's right, I should've done better by you.."

"Zayn, you don't owe me an apology," Sofia said

"But, I do," Zayn said, "Because at the end of the day, even if you are an adult – my job has always been to look out for you. And even if I thought it would help, I knew I was playing with fire. And if I were just the guy who trained you, it'd be different. I wouldn't be apologizing. But I'm not just the guy who trains you – I'm more then that. And I messed up and I'm sorry." Nobody said anything, quietly taking in Zayn's apology as he stood there quietly.

"Look," Liam finally said, "At the end of the day, we've all screwed up, we've all made mistakes. Sofia's right, a wedding isn't the time to hold grudges or be angry. And we're living in a really dangerous time right now, so, maybe we should just let this go." It didn't take long for everyone to agree, except Harry who stood there motionless as everyone went their separate ways. Soon, it was just the three of them standing there and Sofia wasn't quite sure what to do.

"Harry –" she said quietly, her voice begging him to forgive Zayn, but Harry shook his head.

"I don't like feeling like this, Zayn," Harry spat out, his anger getting the best of him, "I gave you a second chance. After you kissed her, I forgave you and trusted you with the most important thing in my life..."

"I know..." Zayn said quietly, "Harry please –"

"Look, you almost messed up a lot," Harry said quietly, his voice no longer angry, but hurt, "I trusted you with my fiancé and in extension, my family. Because, that's what we're trying to build. And you broke that trust. And now I don't trust you with my fiancé. I don't trust you with my family."

"Harry!" Sofia gasped, but Zayn stopped her.

"It's okay, Sofia," Zayn said

"It's not okay!" Sofia said, looking at Harry, "How could you say that?"

"Because it's the truth," Harry said, "And I wish I could make this feeling I have go away, but I can't."

"I would do anything for you Harry," Zayn said, "And Sofia and Birdie. But I understand where you're coming from. I just wish things were different."

"Maybe you should've thought about that before you tried to turn Sofia into a fighting robot," Harry snapped, causing Zayn to sigh deeply, before walking away.

"Harry, he's practically your brother!" Sofia hissed.

"I know," Harry said, "Believe me, Sofia, that hurt me just as much as it hurt him..." Sofia sighed, realizing that Harry just couldn't forgive Zayn. Not right now at least.

"Shall we go deal with angry bird upstairs?" Harry asked, changing the subject. Sofia sighed again, her nose crinkling.

"What if she's still being horrible?" Sofia asked

"You know what happens if she's still being horrible," Harry said, shrugging.

"Harry, would you really spank her?" Sofia asked, "I mean, you're in love with her..."

"I'm in love with you and that hasn't stopped me before," Harry said, a cheeky grin appearing causing Sofia to roll her eyes. Harry turned, walking towards the stairs.

"The truth is, Sofia," Harry said, as they walked up the stairs, "At some point, I have to follow through on my threats or she's never going to take me seriously."

"Believe me, Harry," Sofia said, "She takes you seriously."

"She should," Harry said, stopping outside the door and turning towards Sofia, "But, at some point in time, my threat isn't going to be enough. You know that right?"

"Yes, but I'm dreading it," Sofia groaned.

"Me too," Harry said, before opening the door to Birdies room. He expected to find her still pouting, or if she was feeling particularly rebellious, playing with toys. But, instead he found her asleep on the floor. Harry smiled widely at the little girl, who had fallen asleep right where they had left her.

"Oh my god," Sofia whispered, her voice cooing. Harry rolled his eyes at her, before walking over to Birdie and picking her up gently. Sofia moved the bed sheets, so Harry could tuck her in. He laid Birdie down, before kissing her forehead, and Sofia did the same.

"I guess we'll talk with her later," Sofia said, as she got off the bed to leave the sleeping child.

"Worn out after a tantrum," Harry said, shaking his head in disbelief before he glanced over at Sofia with a wicked grin, "I'll be damned if she's not actually your child..." Sofia glared at him, before stomping out of the bedroom.

"Hey," Harry whisper yelled, following her out, "Don't you stomp. I'm still in my disciplinarian mode, I'll lay into you, young lady." Sofia could hear the humor in his voice, so she turned and stuck her tongue out at him, causing his eyebrows to rise.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I had two 4 year olds now," Harry said, causing Sofia to walk away. She let out a squeak, as she felt his hand come in contact with her ass, and turned back to him quickly.

"Can't say I didn't warn you," Harry said, shrugging. Sofia shook her head at him, but allowed him to lean in for a kiss.

***

"Hey," Sofia said quietly as she approached Zayn who was sitting in the sand with a cup in his hands, he looked up at her.

"Hey," he responded, "How did it go with Birdie?"

"She was asleep," Sofia said, sitting beside him and smiling.

"Are you sure she isn't yours?" Zayn asked, causing Sofia to shake her
head in disbelief.

"That's what Harry said," she glanced over at Zayn, "I'm sorry about him by the way."

"Don't be," Zayn answered, "The truth is, if Harry had messed with Emily's head that much, I'd be pissed to. He's got every right. He's just looking out for his family."

"You are his family," Sofia insisted

"I know," Zayn said, "Which is why it sucks that I fucked up so bad. But, I know he'll come around. I just have to regain his trust and I will..."

"I know you will," Sofia said, "But I want you to know that Harry and I don't stand on the same page with this. I trust you with my life, Zayn. I always, I always will." Zayn looked over at her and smiled. He was grateful to hear those words come out of her mouth.

"Thanks Sof," Zayn said, he looked back at the ocean.

"But I didn't come here to talk to you about this," Sofia said.

"What did you come to talk about?"

"Emily"

"Yeah, she's pretty pissed at me," Zayn said, "Actually, I don't know if she's pissed anymore. She accepted my apology, and I was off the couch a few days ago, but I think it's bugging her..."

"Yeah, no," Sofia said, shaking her head, "She's not thinking about me...."

"What do you mean?" Zayn asked

"Zayn, this conversation is about to get real awkward, so prepare
yourself..." Sofia said, glancing at him.

"We can talk about anything," Zayn said, "You know that..."

"Even your sex life?" Sofia asked, causing Zayn to sputter.

"My – my what?" Zayn gasped, "What the hell do you know about my sex life?"

"Far too much then I ever wanted to, honestly," Sofia said, "But she's my best friend and she listens to me when I tell her when Harry decides to –"

"Please don't finish that sentence," Zayn mumbled, not looking at her but at the ground.

"My point is," Sofia said, "We need to talk about your sex life. Or rather, your lack of sex life..."

"No, we don't...." Zayn growled, "I'm not talking about this with you."

"Okay. Fine," Sofia said, "Don't talk. Just listen. She misses you. She wants to be with you. You need to make a move."

"Did she tell you this?"

"She didn't have to!" Sofia huffed, "I could see it in her eyes. Plus, I'm pretty sure I caught her having a fantasy or something. I don't know, I don't want to talk about the details. I'm trying to forget them, actually..."

"Please do," Zayn growled, rubbing his eyes, and wishing that he were eight feet under the sand.

"Weddings are a romantic atmosphere, all I'm saying is you should make your move..." Sofia said

"Noted," Zayn said quickly.

"Great. Let's move on, how about this weather huh?" Sofia asked, causing Zayn to laugh loudly.

"You two aren't planning some sort of evil take over are you?" Louis said, walking up to them, causing them both to glance up, "Well, you both look normal, still seem life in your eyes..."

"Shut up, Lou," Liam growled, as they both sat on the sand.

"What are you two talking about?" Louis asked, looking over at them.

"Nothing!" Both Zayn and Sofia answered quickly, causing both Liam and Louis to raise their eyebrows.

"Believe me, you don't want to know," Zayn said, trying to ease their anxiety.

"Guys," Sofia said quietly, "In 2 days, I'm going to be married...."

"Strange," Louis said, shaking his head, "I still can't believe it. Are you sure about this?"

"Am I sure about Harry?" Sofia snorted

"Are you sure about the shot gun wedding?" Louis asked

"You aren't pregnant are you?" Liam asked, his eyes widening

"No," Sofia laughed, shaking her head, "Just ready."

"Ready to be a Styles?" Zayn asked, "A wife, a mom, a kick ass Sikes fighter... you're taking on a lot..."

"I can handle it," Sofia said, shrugging

"I know you can," Zayn said

"You were taught by the best, after all," Louis said, grinning at her as she rolled her eyes. She swallowed hard; bring her knees up to her chin.

"It seems like just yesterday sometimes," she said quietly.

"What?" Liam asked

"The four of us against the world," Sofia said, "Sometimes it seems like just yesterday... and sometimes it seems like..."

"A lifetime," Louis said, completing her thought, "I agree."

"We've been through a lot," Zayn said

"Yeah, but I never thought we'd see this..." Liam said seriously.

"See what?" Sofia asked, looking over at him.

"The taming of the Shrew," Louis said, grinning, causing Sofia to furrow her eyes in confusion.

"You getting married," Zayn whispered, trying to help her out, before laughing, causing Sofia to growl and roll her eyes.

"You are all awful," she snapped, "You shouldn't say things like that!"

"You're right," Liam said, his voice apologetic

"You are right, we shouldn't," Louis said seriously, "Especially when it hasn't happened yet, we might never see it..." He laughed as Sofia shoved him hard, before standing up and stomping away, leaving the three boys calling and laughing after her.

***

"Sofia!" Danielle huffed, running into the kitchen, startling everyone, "I went up to put David to bed, and I checked in Birdies room – you know just to see, she was awfully quiet during dinner, but she's gone!"

"What?" Sofia snapped, jumping up, Harry jumped up too.

"She isn't in her room!" Danielle cried, "I checked the bathroom and
upstairs, she isn't there."

Sofia didn't need to hear more, neither did anyone else, jumping out of their seats and running in different parts of the house. Sofia and Harry ran towards the front of the house, while everyone else scattered. Soon, her name was being called over the house.

"Birdie!" Sofia yelled, running into the office, Harry right behind her, "Birdie this isn't funny!"

"Birdie, come out right this minute!" Harry called; both of them had blown off Birdie's behavior at dinner as her still pouting because she had gotten into trouble. But, now he was wondering if her behavior meant something more.

"Oh my God, Harry!" Sofia cried, as she looked under the desk, "Where is she?!" Sofia went running out of the office, Harry following her.

"It's okay! We'll find her!" Harry said, as they ran out of the backdoor together.

"Birdie!" Sofia called, as she scanned the beach, looking for any signs of the little girl.

"Birdie!" Harry yelled, sprinting down the steps, "Birdie! Birdie!!" He was frantic, as he ran out to the beach.

"Anything?" he called to Liam, who just shook his head.

"You don't think there was foul play?" Liam asked, as Danielle and Eleanor walked towards them.

"Anything?" Sofia asked, tears running down her face.

"No, Niall says she wasn't out front either," Eleanor said.

"BIRDIE!" Sofia screamed desperately, "BIRDIE!!!!"

"GOT HER!!!!" Louis yelled, from across the beach, near the dunes. "COME QUICK!!!"

"Oh my God," Harry hissed, running forward towards Louis, Sofia right behind him. Sofia couldn't ever remembering running faster in her life.

"Louis?" Sofia asked

"I don't know how she did it," Louis said, out of breath, "But she must've climbed the dunes, it looks like she slipped, she's stuck and the tide is coming up."

Louis moved up the dunes, Harry and Sofia quickly behind him, Niall and Liam behind him, as Eleanor and Danielle stayed on the ground, trying to get ahold of Daisy and Danny.

"Zayn, careful!" Emily cried, as she watched Harry, Sofia, Liam, and Louis rush towards her, high up on the dunes. Harry and Sofia glanced down, to see Zayn carefully trying to climb down, as Birdie cried, stuck at the bottom.

"Oh my God," Sofia hissed

"Help!" Birdie cried out

"I'm coming!" Harry called out, watching as Zayn carefully made his way down.

"Harry, no!" Liam shouted, grabbing him, "It's unstable enough..."

"Oh my god," Emily gasped, watching as Zayn slipped.

"Careful, mate," Louis yelled, his voice anxious

"I got it!" Zayn called up, "Birdie, just hold on, I'm coming..."

"Zayn please!" Sofia cried, as she clung to Harry. Harry watched carefully as Zayn slipped again, but regained his balance before finally landing on the rock where Birdie was. Moving slowly towards Birdie, Zayn knelt down to whisper to her. They watched as Birdie cried, but Zayn lifted her easily.

"Just a few scrapes!" Zayn called up.

"Careful coming up mate," Liam called, eying the tide, knowing how slippery it had already made the rocks. It would only get worse. Zayn seemed aware of it too, putting Birdie down.

"Babe you're gonna have to get on my back and hang on really tight, can you do that?" Zayn asked

"I'm scared!" Birdie cried

"I won't let anything happen to you, I promise," Zayn said, "But you have to hang on. I know you can do it." Birdie nodded slowly, before climbing on to Zayn's back.

"Careful!" Sofia insisted, from the top as Zayn looked for his best way to get to the top the dune. Zayn carefully began to pull himself up the dune, with Birdie on his back, everyone watching from the top with desperation in their eyes. Zayn must've been determined and known how much was at stake, because he didn't slip once as he carried the child up the dune. Holding on, when he got close to the top, Sofia grabbed Birdie off of him, bopping it would help him pull himself up.

"What were you thinking?" Sofia gasped, as pulled the child tightly into her arms.

"Oh my God!" Emily shrieked, as Zayn lost his handle, and slipped, trying to pull himself up, but at the last second, a hand reached out, pulling him up and over the dune.

"Fuck," Harry hissed, as he pulled Zayn on top of the dune, "You alright?"

"Fine," Zayn mumbled, before Emily rushed towards him, wrapping her arms around him. Harry had rushed to Sofia's side.

"You are in so much trouble!" he barked at Birdie, before pulling her into his arms tightly, and kissing her head over and over, "I'm so glad your okay..."

"Zayn," Sofia whispered, tears rolling down her face, "Thank you so much..."

"Don't worry about it," Zayn said, "It was nothing...." He looked at the child, shaking his head, "I don't ever want to have to do that again, young lady! Do you understand?"

"Yes!" Birdie cried out, still shaken. Harry reached out his hand for Zayn to shake.

"Thank you," Harry said.

"You don't have to thank me, Harry," Zayn said quietly, staring at his hand.

"You just saved her, Zayn," Harry said, "You didn't even think twice..."

"Of course I didn't," Zayn said, "And I know if it was one of my kids in trouble, you wouldn't either..." Harry bit his lip, and nodded. The two stared at each other for a few moments, unsure of what to do.

"Will you two just hug already?" Louis said, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, Jesus," Niall said. Harry and Zayn both smirked, before hugging, before Harry turned back to Sofia who was looking over Birdie with Emily.

***

"What were you thinking?" Harry barked at the little girl, pacing in front of her, as sat on her bed.

"I'm sorry," Birdie said quietly.

"Sorry isn't going to help you," Harry growled, "You left this house! And you did something dangerous! You could have been very hurt!"

"Harry, stop..." Sofia said quietly, Harry turned to glare at her.

"Sofia! She needs to be punished!" Harry snapped, causing Birdie to tear up again.

"Look, we can talk about punishments after we talk about what
happened. Birdie, why would you climb the dunes?" Sofia said, sitting down and pulling the little girl on top her lap.

"Does it matter WHY?" Harry snapped

"Yes!" Sofia said, before looking back at Birdie, "Why would you do something that dangerous? Do you understand how upset we were?"

"I was trying to leave," Birdie said

"You can't run away every time you're in trouble," Sofia said

"I just wanted to leave before you got rid of me!" Birdie cried, pulling away from Sofia, tears streaming down her face, causing both Harry and Sofia to freeze.

"What are you talking about? We aren't getting rid of you," Harry said, "We've told you that."

"But you're getting married!" Birdie cried, causing both Harry and Sofia to be confused.

"So?" Sofia asked

"So, I heard Emily. She said first come marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage!" Birdie said, "You're going to be a real mummy and daddy to a baby! And you won't want me!"

Harry knelt down if front of the child, as Sofia's eyes widened in shock.

"Birdie, no one is having a baby any time soon," Harry said, "Sofia and I just want to get married so that we can be husband and wife..."

"And if and when we do have a baby," Sofia said quietly, "We aren't going to get rid of you..."

"But what about being a mummy and a daddy?" Birdie asked, innocently, looking up at Sofia. Sofia glanced at Harry, who looked unsure at how to answer too.

"Birdie, I know I'm not your real dad," Harry said slowly.

"I wish you were!" Birdie blurted out, surprising both of the adults, and causing Birdie to look embarrassed.

"What?" Harry choked out, looking at the child.

"Sometimes, I wish you were my mummy and daddy," Birdie said quietly, as though it were a crazy thought.

"Birdie, we can be that..." Harry said softly, "If that's what you want..."

"But how?" Birdie asked.

"Sometimes," Sofia said, pulling Birdie on to her lap, "You have to make your own family. And, even though we didn't have you together, we consider you ours. You are part of this family, Birdie..."

"Really?" Birdie asked, looking at Harry.

"I love you Little Bird," Harry said, smiling down at her, "I love you to the moon and back..." Birdie grinned at the saying Harry used every night before she went to sleep.

"Birdie," Sofia said, "In 2 days Harry and I are going to make a promise to be together forever, as a family. We're going to get married..."

"I know," Birdie said

"Well, maybe you can make a promise too," Sofia said, "To be with us forever... to be our little bird forever and ever..." Birdie's eyes widened.

"Do you want to be my mum and dad?" Birdie asked

"Only if you'll have us," Sofia said, quietly, before placing a kiss on her head. Harry looked at Sofia as though he was just seeing her. He had never been more proud of her then in this moment. He had never loved her more.

"What do you say Little Bird," Harry said quietly, "Will you marry us?" Birdie grinned widely, before nodding wildly, causing them both to laugh.

***

"I don't know about the 3 of you going out together on your last night of freedom," Harry said wearily, as he watched Emily pour Sofia another glass of wine. Sofia giggled loudly, as Daisy put her head on her shoulder, and Emily lay in her lap. They all sat together on the back porch, with a fire blazing in front of them.

"We'll take care of her!" Emily said, smiling up at Sofia who grinned wider.

"And she won't remember a thing!" Daisy giggled, finishing the last of her wine.

"What's the plan anyway?" Liam asked, "You have to be careful, you know. Just because we're out of town..."

"Relax," Eleanor said, "We're having a spa day, and then a nice dinner."

"And then Ella, Eleanor and I will come home," Danielle said, "While these three go out and drink for all 6 of us." Danielle smiled wide as Sofia held up her glass to her, in a silent cheers.

"And then we're going to a club to dance and drink the night away," Daisy said, "One last hurrah!"

"Andy's going with us," Emily reassured the boys, who all looked worried.

"Yeah, don't worry so much," Sofia said, slurring a bit as the wine went to her head, "We'll only be doing a ton of drugs, and drinking many shots, and sleeping with so many random guys..."

"That's your last glass," Harry said, not looking amused. Sofia grinned up at him.

"Baby, it'll be fine..." Sofia said, ignoring his request, and pouring herself another glass.

"Fill me too," Emily said, holding out her wine glass to Sofia.

"The three of you are trouble," Zayn said, shaking his head, "I don't know how I feel about this either..."

"Me neither," Danny said, trying to grab Daisy's wine glass, but she was too fast.

"Oh please!" Emily said, sitting up and pushing herself off the ground, "You boys are going to be just as drunk as us!" She stumbled towards Zayn, who caught her as she plopped into his lap, surprising him, as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"Yeah," Sofia agreed, looking over at Harry and sending him a wink.

"What's your plan anyway, boys?" Ella asked quietly, from her spot next to Niall.

"Round of golf," he replied.

"Then a boxing match," Louis said, "With dinner, of course..."

"Then a pub crawl," Liam said, shrugging, "Nothing too big."

"You'll be smashed before you leave the boxing match," Eleanor said, rolling her eyes, "Don't even try and deny it..."

"She's right," Danielle said, "I feel bad for the hotel bar..."

"Why?" Danny asked

"Because by the time you decide to go back there to finish off your night, the 6 of you are going to be obnoxious and wasted," Sofia said.

"Little faith you have in us," Harry said

"Are you telling me I'm wrong?" Sofia asked, raising her eyebrows at him.

"No," Harry said, laughing.

"I think the most important part is that everyone stays safe," Liam said, "Can we just agree to that?"

"Fuck that," Sofia said, sitting up, "The most important part is that you don't get so fucked your hung over when I walk down the isle!" She was looking directly at Harry, who was grinning.

"You're cut off," Harry said, getting off his spot from the bench, and walking towards her. She tried to move her glass away from him, but he was too fast, and grabbed it before chugging the rest of her wine. Daisy quickly moved from her spot next to Sofia, and crawled in front of Danny, who reached down to wrap his arms around her.

"I won't be hung over," Harry said, sitting next to Sofia, "Will you?"

"No," Sofia said, "But I always held my liquor better."

"Bullshit," Liam coughed, causing Harry to laugh and Sofia to glare.

"Are you sure you want to spend tomorrow night apart?" Harry asked, "We'll both be drunk, we could have so much fun..."

"It's bad luck!" Sofia insisted.

"What's bad luck?" a small voice came from the door, Sofia and Harry both looked up to see Birdie standing there in her pajamas.

"It's bad luck to be out of bed when you should be fast asleep," Harry said, sternly, "You're pushing your luck today, Little Bird."

"I couldn't sleep!" Birdie said, running over to Sofia, who picked her up easily. Sofia wrapped her arms around the little girl, who looked exhausted.

"Come on, babe," Sofia said quietly, "We'll tuck you in again and stay with you until you fall asleep..."

Everyone watched as Sofia, who usually hated anything disturbing her wine buzz, and Harry who usually took full advantage of Sofia's wine buzz, stood up to return Birdie to her room. They didn't even say goodnight, concentrating on the child, who Harry had grabbed from Sofia.

"Incredible," Eleanor whispered, as she watched them re enter the house.

"It's almost like she's always been theirs," Danielle said, "I didn't know if it would happen, but they love her more then anything..."

"I don't think it matters how you become a parents," Liam said, "I think it changes everyone..."

"I can't wait," Louis said, placing his hand on Eleanor's stomach, she put her hand over his.

"Soon," she said.

Niall looked over at Ella who was staring at Eleanor and Louis, knowing that she was thinking about her loss.

"You alright?" he asked softly, she looked up at him and smiled.

"Yes," Ella said, "I know we'll have a family someday..."

"You'll be an amazing mother," Daisy said quietly, looking at Ella. Ella smiled at her appreciatively.

"It's crazy," Zayn said, "It's almost like things are normal. Things have changed so much, sometimes I forget what world were apart of..."

"Me too," Liam said, "I guess we're just doing it differently, we're doing it better..."

"We're supposed to," Danielle said.

"What about Sikes?" Louis asked, "Now that Harry and Sofia are gone. Once he finds out about this wedding, he won't be happy..."

"No," Niall said, shaking his head, "He'll be livid. But, it may push him out of hiding."

"Doesn't that scare anyone?" Eleanor asked, her voice anxious.

"Of course," Danny said, "But ... I think he's more scary in hiding. I'd rather him come out, at least then it's a fair fight."

"I agree," Niall said, anger in his voice.

"Enough about this," Danielle said, silencing the subject, "Let's just enjoy this weekend, and forget about the problems at home."

"Danielle's right," Emily said, "Harry and Sofia deserve this."

"We all do," Liam said.

Meanwhile, upstairs, Sofia and Harry had both gotten into bed with Birdie, who was refusing to close her eyes, insisting that she wasn't tired, even though both of them knew differently.

"Will you sing to me?" Birdie asked, looking up at Sofia, who was always willing to sing.

"You know who has a great voice?" Sofia whispered, Birdie shook her head.

"Harry," Sofia said, looking up at Harry who cheeks had flushed a bit, "Why don't you ask him to sing?" Birdie turned to look at Harry, who was shaking his head.

"Oh no, no no no," Harry said, "I don't sing..."

"Please?" Birdie asked

"No, I ... it's ... I just ..." Harry stumbled, glaring at Sofia who looked amused.

"Please daddy?" Birdie asked, making Harry freeze. He looked at Birdie, and in the moment he realized he had never heard a more beautiful sound then her calling him daddy. He couldn't help the water that came to his eyes, as he looked down at this little girl. His little girl. He looked over at Sofia, who had a silent tear rolling down her cheek, as she pulled Birdie into her, and looked up at Harry. He had never seen something so perfect, the two of them. And they were his. He never imagined this was how his life would turn out. He wasn't supposed to be a dad, or a father. He always figured he'd be shit at it, it wasn't in the cards. Yet, here he was, lying in a bed just days away from his wedding, with two of the most perfect girls in the world. His girls.

"One song," he managed to croak out, "Then you have to go to sleep."

Sofia stared up at him, tears rolling down her face. She had spent
many nights in the club, many nights partying, many nights trying to prove how independent she was. She lived for the moments where girls wanted to be her, and guys wanted to be with her. She used to refer to those nights as perfect. But now, she lived for this. As she looked into his eyes, and held Birdie in her arms she couldn't believe how lucky she was. She couldn't believe that he was choosing to spend the rest of his life arguing, and loving, and being with her. This was her perfect.

She smiled as she listened to the lyrics as he began to sing, neither of them taking their eyes off of each other, unless it was to look at Birdie or was beginning to fall asleep between them.

"Together can never be close enough for me," he sang out, his voice quiet but strong. And beautiful, it was so beautiful.

"To feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you
And you're beautiful
Now that the wait is over
And love has finally showed her my way
Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me..."