Chapter 11

The sun shone from a clear blue sky the next morning, and a soft breeze swept through town, making some leafs on the ground play around some in the air and then settle down back on the ground again.

The birds all around town were chirping like there was no tomorrow, and a dog in the far east corner of town told everybody exactly what he thought about that. The town was slowly starting to wake up, stretching it's tired limbs as the merchantile owner was sweeping the sidewalk outside his store and the blacksmith was already at work.

The first thing that entered Chyennes mind was the distant barking of a dog, the sound of it made her eyes roll around inside of her eyelids, then almost immediately the sharp pain from the hangover stabbed her in the forehead. A soft moan escaped her lips and she moved slightly, tried to jostle the 'thing' she had in front of her. Her hand started to roam, feeling, trying to figure out what it was. Then all of a sudden she stopped, even her breathing stopped and her eyes opened in a flash.

Yet again a sharp shooting pain made her moan slightly. But now her eyes focused on what was in front of her.

She pulled her hand back quickly and swallowed hard, she couldn't focus clearly, and her head was killing her slowly. She didn't need much time to figure out what was in front of her. She could see his dark hair on the pillow, and the proximity to him made her smell the scent of him. Pure maleness. She had to swallow again, this time it felt like a huge boulder was going down her throat.

"Oww " she moaned silently, "my head "

Heyes laid still staring in front of him. He had been awake almost  the whole night, deep in thoughts about the last thing she had said to him. How could she know? They hadn't said anything to make her doubt their names Joshua and Thaddeus. So how could it be? How could she know?

He moved to sitting up and turned his head back at her. He was met by weary eyes that showed no recognition of what had been said earlier.

"Goodmorning " he murmured and gave her a cautious smile.

Chyenne raised her hands and buried her face in them. "Ain't nothing good about it " she said ashamed , "It feels like somebody is using a hammer on my head "

Chuckling he stood up and walked over to Currys bed, poking his shoulders. Chyenne watched him, wondering how on earth they had ended up in bed together.

"Hey Thaddeus...wake up!" he called and poked him once more.

Curry groaned and turned around, not wanting to get up just yet.

"Oh no...not yet!" he growled, "Just a few more minutes "

Chyenne then in fear looked down on herself, but calmed down as she saw that she was fully dressed. Then she wrinkled her nose at it, and that mixed with her breath from drinking last night, would probably make her a lethal weapon this morning.

"Noo, Wake up " Heyes persisted and walk over to the window, pulling the curtains aside, making the sunlight brighten up the whole room.

"Ouch..." Chyenne complained and held her hand in front of her eyes, "Please pull them back "

He still held the curtain as he turned his head to look at her, but he did not pull it back.

"We'll have to get going pretty soon if we are gonna use the daylight " he adviced, letting go of the curtain."And you..." he said pointing at Chyenne, "we are going to sober you up, and that quickly "he glowered at her, "why on earth did you do a stupid thing like that?"

She slowly removed her hands, so she would get used to the sunlight, step by step.

"Well, you had some drinks, huh? I though I as well could have some " she said snorting.