Chapter 6

She couldn't get out of her dress fast enough. Chyenne stood in front of the mirror in her own room and looked back at herself. She hated dressing like a woman, and she hated the way she looked.

Seconds later it laid in a heap at the floor beneath her, all crumbled up.

And she hated how that stuck up cowboy made her feel. She reached for her shirt and pants and put them on, all the while she sighed and snorted about the way he had smiled at her and the way he had looked at her.

Deep down inside there was a scary feeling trying to surface, and she desperately tried to push it back down...she had never felt that kind of feeling before, so she could not figure out what it was, but it sure was scary. And those godforsaken dimples of his. She couldn't get them out of her mind.

She hated him...it had to be that simple, it had to be it!

Feeling relief and pretty satisfied with that conclusion, she loosed her braid and let her hair flow down her back. Then she grabbed her hat and pressed it down on her head,giving her mother a brief pat on the shoulder as she passed the kitchen in a hurry, before she headed out to the stable.

A myriad of thoughts went through her mind as she with steady steps walked to the stable. She realized, even though she had given herself a perfectly good reason why, she was seriously worried about the sensation inside of her. It was like a swarm of butterflies that tried to get out, but couldn't.

She opened the door and got in. And why, for heavens sake, was his smile like etched inside of her eyes?

The big stallion greated her with a snort and nuzzled her with his muzzle as she eased her way to him inside of his stall.

She tried her best to deny it, but had to surrender to the fact that she found him quite handsome. Well, very handsome. Too darn handsome, in fact!

She even had to admit his friend was a real knock out too.

Suddenly she froze. What in god's name was she thinking?

Her shoulders sagged as she got the gear and the horse ready. She was so confused. She needed to clear her head...a lot!

She took the magnificent animal and lead him out, then without using the stirups, she with experience swung herself up in the sadle.

Urging him on to a small trot, she steered him down the alley, leading towards the mainstreet in town. The fact that her favourite place was located on the other side of their small town bothered her a bit, as she always had to ride through it in order to get there. Riding around it was out of the question, as the local farmers had their fields with crops almost surrounding the whole town. She had been scolded once when she was younger, as she had taken a shortcut through one of the fields in order to get to her place. It had been a much faster way, as she could let the horse into a galop at once instead of having to ride in a small trot through the whole town. She never did it again.

Riding through town, always meant that Stan would probably see her and follow her, it had happened on way too many occasions. But she had always managed to lead him astray those times she were aware of that he was following her. One or two times she had, on the other hand, not been so fortunate. Those times she had been forced to rely on her gun. Her hand automatically was drawn down on her hip to make sure it was there. As she did that, almost at once she recalled, just before her hand told her she was right about her recalling, she knew that she had forgot about it this time.

Cursing inwardly, she scolded herself as she steered her horse down the mainstreet in town, keeping her eyes on alert under the brim of her hat. Being so focused on trying to avoid Stan, and to not make him see her, she managed to be totally unaware of one pair of velvet brown eyes spotting her, just as she turned the corner of the blacksmith's barn, heading out of town.

The Outlaws Destinyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें