Chapter 10

"Soo...you are going too!" she said, it wasn't a question. Though she felt pretty tarnished and flattened she tried her best to give them a little smile. She was NOT gonna give away, yet, that she was in fact pretty darn sure about who they really were. And she hoped to god that Tynan would keep his mouth shut about it too.

Heyes fidgeted were he sat, and Curry shifted his stance as he stood there beside her.

"Just for a short while " Heyes said and reluctantly stood up, "We'll be back soon "

They both put on their hats and pushed them down low, moving towards the door.

"Hmmmmm..." Chyenne said and gave them both her best glare as she raised and stood up from the bed. Why did she feel soo bothered by this?

She dismissed them with a wave of her hand and then practically shoved them out the door, slamming it shut after them. With heavy steps she got back to the bed and sat back down again. She felt miserable. And a bit angry, and there was another feeling too, one she couldn't pinpoint really...a sort of sting in her chest.

When thinking about Heyes, well, Joshua, down at the saloon, with all these voluptuous women strutting around, she felt her throat tighten.

A nervous half-laugh escaped her and she shook her head. It can't be...it just can't be, she thought.

But her body and mind kept sending her the signals she did not wanna acknowledge. The signals that said...Girl, you've lost it finally...you are jealous...that's it...you don't want him to be near other women!.

She actually blushed as she sat there all alone in the room. And that was a completely new thing for her, that had never happened before.

She thanked a higher power, that there had been no one around to see it.

Sitting around the table in the Hang Noose saloon, Heyes had been more or less absentminded since they had joined in the game, and that had begun to show as he played his cards pretty careless, and began losing a pot or two occasionally. Curry held a straight face, but was concerned. He every now and then gave Heyes an icy stare, wondering what the hell he was doing. But then again, Curry knew, he wasn't a fool, he had seen it coming. He had seen the change in Heyes, he saw the way he looked at Chyenne.

The irony was almost humorous, he thought as he checked his hand. Full house.

"I'm in..." he mumbled and glared at Heyes. The man who continuously used to lecture about the importance of not involving themselfs too much with women.

The stare from over the other side of the table made Heyes wake up momentarily, and he browsed through his cards, shaking his head slightly.

"I fold..."

The man to his right, a gruff looking individual with a perfectly trimmed beard, raised his brows in wonder. During the game he had been astounded with how much perfection and sometimes dare, the man to his left had played his cards, even if they had been the weakest hand in the game...but now he all of a sudden folded. He frowned.

Then both of the other two in the game also went in.

Heyes leaned back in his chair observing, not at all worried, he knew Curry would pull this one off, he had seen it in his face. The Kid was gifted with the ability to turn his poker face on at any time, those steel blue eyes would not give away any emotion or any sign. The only one capable to see through the face was his partner Hannibal Heyes, and right now he saw that the Kid was probably seated with a pretty darn good hand, probably a full house, four of a kind or a straight.

His thoughts wandered off in a certain direction. The direction of a dark haired, halfbreed beauty.

The comments of the game passed him in fractions. Just hearing bits and pieces of it, and not really listening, he smiled every now and then and nodded slightly.