Dracott was wearing common folk clothes. Less binding and he loved the look and feel of the fabric. He made sure to pick out grey colors as not to stand out. He put on a cap as well to hide most of his hair.

            Dracott walked over to a painting of his great grandfather and opened the hidden latch. Once open it showed the tunnel that led to the outside.

            Dracott made sure once he reached the end of the tunnel to check that there would be no one to witness his leave. There was not a soul in sight. He should probably increase the patrols of his guards. They clearly weren't performing adequately.

            As Dracott walked through his kingdom and watched his subjects live their daily lives he felt content. Oh, how he wished he was not king. He wanted to travel and not worry about duty. He did not want the lives of all these people in his hands. His choices directly affect their lives. He did not want that kind of power. Dracott just wanted to live a normal life away from all of this. Perhaps if he was not king he could find someone that he wanted to settle with. Someone to come home to, someone to speak with and laugh over tea about frivolous things. Being king was so trivial to the life he yearned for. Too lonely for his comfort. The same could be said when he had just been a prince as well.  

            "Would you like a flower sir?" A voice disturbed his inner troubles. Dracott looked up and froze in his tracks. The most beautiful person he had ever laid eyes on was looking at him. His clothes were much too big and horrid in style and his footwear was so worn that Dracott wondered if they would fall off. The man in front of him had messy black hair, one that would make you think he was a beggar. He had the brightest green eyes that Dracott had ever seen. His skin was darker than his own pale white. This was someone who spent their days in the sun. Oh how Dracott envied him. "Beautiful." Dracott whispered before wincing when he realized he uttered that out loud.

            He worried he offended the man but was mistaken when he was rewarded with a brilliant smile that made his insides flutter. What was this? Had he eaten spoiled meat? Was that why his stomach was behaving so irrational?

     The stranger was holding out a single wolfsbane flower. He could tell by the lavender color. Dracott tentatively reached out to grab the flower and jolted in surprise when a shock of energy zapped his skin when he briefly made contact with the man.

            Dracott bit his lip and looked down briefly to cover his embarrassment. What was it about this man that flustered him so? He realized that this man sold an arrangement of flowers. They were all beautiful and well cared for, he obviously worked hard. Dracott pushed the flower back into the man's hands. The man furrowed his brows.

            "My sincerest apologies but I did not bring any money with me today." Dracott rushed to explain. The man's face cleared and he stepped forward to lean in and whisper in his ear.

            "Tis quite alright my Lord." Dracott leaned away in surprise. "How did you know?" The man laughed and Dracott shivered at how beautiful the sound was. "Your face my liege. You cannot hide it with a change of clothes or caps. Even in these clothes the beauty of your face stands out." The man looked down as his cheeks heated up.

            Dracott's breath caught as he stared at him. This was the exact reason he had not found a wife. He did not want one. He had feared that his father found out his secret. That he liked men. But his father never mentioned it. Dracott knew that he would never wed. Two men were frowned upon and as king he had commitments to uphold. But he certainly was not going to tether himself in a loveless marriage with a woman to please other people. No. He would rather be alone than to do that. But... as he stared at this stunning creature in front of him he was wondering if he could still have a companion without a marriage.