Chapter 27: The Final Battle

Just so you know, I suck at writing fight scenes. However, I will try my hardest to make this as action packed and interesting as I can. I hope you like it.

At around 5 in the morning, Ron had woken up. He looked over at the naked, sleeping Hermione, and snuggled up next to her. The moment to him felt beautiful, but heart wrenching. Once again they would be apart, and Merlin only knew if he would be able to see her face the next day.

He didn't want to wake her. Saying goodbye to her face to face would be too much for him to do. So he wrote her a small note and put it on his pillow, along with a ring with a sapphire in it. He kissed her lightly on the lips, whispered "I love you", and walked out the room quickly before he changed his mind and got back in bed with her.

He went to the bathroom, freshened up, and went to Harry's room, knocking on the door. He heard a groan followed by "just ignore it." being said more than likely by Parvati. Ron snickered as he knocked again, harder.

He heard two groans this time, something that sounded like clothes, and then footsteps. The door opened widely and a very pissed off Harry glared at Ron.

"Damn it, Weasley!" shouted Harry.

Ron held his sides with laughter. "Oh you'll be okay. Good to see you back to your four eyed self." he said, pointing to Harry's glasses.

"Well I don't need glasses to see that you're a bloody tosser." laughed Harry.

"Yeah yeah. It's time, you know."

"I know. Just give me five and we will be down." said Harry.

"More like 10!" yelled Parvati from the room.

Harry blushed while Ron laughed. "More like 10." he said as he closed the door.

15 minutes later, everyone was assembled downstairs, ready to fight. Ron, Harry, Bill, and Draco stood in front of them, each a leader or a team, each wondering if they were going to lead everyone to their deaths. No one had anything to say, yet everyone was thinking the same thing.

Victory. No matter what the cost.

The troops all apparated a little ways outside of Gold's Place. Lee and Blaise informed them on what to look for ahead.

"The place is like a fortress, so unfortunately, we will raise alarm as we knock the wall down with a Bombarda maxima." said Lee. "But it's the only way to get in."

"If anybody wants to turn back, you better do it now, because once we are in, you won't have that luxury." said Blaise.

No one moved. No one even looked around to see if someone would move. Blaise nodded, grinning a little as he stepped back in line with the others.

"So we all know what to do? We all blast the wall down and then we ambush." said Bill. "Draco, your team is in charge of finding that bloody snake. You have the sword?"

Draco nodded, patting a small satchel he had on his side. An expandable charm had been casted on it, so the sword was safely tucked away.

"Ron, yours is in charge of guarding Harry, just until he goes off on his own and the rest of us, well, I'd say anything goes."

"Right." said Ron, looking at his brother. "Okay everyone, wands at the ready?"

Everyone whipped their wands out and readied them for attack. The herd walked on quietly, but confidently up the path that led to Gold's Place.

A huge black wall greeted them as they approached. They spread out along the wall, collectively, let out a huge Bombarda maxima, and the wall came crashing down.