Mini Boss 10 - Swamp Siren Palus

Start from the beginning

            “Then let’s go,” Link replied, pulling the reins about. Epona landed on the ice that formed beneath them and started across the pool. Link pulled the reins as the figure tried to attack them in the middle of the pool.

            Epona jumped as the ice collapsed behind her. She said, “Don’t let me sink.”

            “Trying,” Link replied. He swung his sword around, hitting base of the figure. It trembled, before sweeping around the base of itself.

            The ice crashed beneath them. Epona thrashed as she fell into the water. “Link!”

            Link switched back to the Sage’s Rod. He swung the golden staff back around. The water began to rise, allowing Epona back onto the sheet of ice forming beneath Link. Epona pulled herself out and charged across the water.

            Flicking her tail, Epona snorted. “I’m not going back out there.”

            “I won’t make you,” Link replied. He turned Epona about. “But that means we have to attack from here, which could take a longer.”

            “She seems too angry,” Epona replied. “I doubt the attacks will slow down now.”

            “Good point,” Link said. He pulled the Master Sword out. “Then let’s finish this.”

            With four riders and two twilight assassins running around between rapid water columns, fighting wasn’t easy. Link kept his head low, leaning out in his saddle to hit pillars when they were close to him, while still trying to make sure he didn't run into anything.

            The shadow beasts would grab the long water columns, only to get pulled out over the water. They continued battering the swamp creature until they were destroyed. Dominus would quickly replace them though. Link didn’t think the twilight ruler had many other attacks. He had a short sword and small shadow attack, but his two defenders were as deadly as being caught in close quarters with Link’s sword.

            Mirum and her mount would disappear and reappear across the field. She seemed hesitant to attack, but she did, and effectively. The twili was distraught, and tried to not look directly at the figure in the middle of the pool.

            Link dropped the Master Sword through another arm of the swamp water. The creature stumbled back. The water calmed as the feminine figure staggered back over the water. With the water calm, she turned towards them. The water turned a peach color, but there was still something unnatural about it. Link couldn’t place it, he didn’t know who this monster was trying to imitate.

            Endeavor threw her knife into the back of the figures head. It collapsed into the water, and the pool fell silent as Endeavor's knife reappeared in her hand. The Drex let out a sigh of relief as the battle ended.

            “Thank the Goddesses,” Mirum muttered, sliding back against a rock. The twili held her heart.

            “What was that?” Link asked. “I don’t understand.”

            Mirum inquired, “He hasn’t known anyone who died, has he?”

            “No one he would remember, and only one woman that the swamp could imitate,” Endeavor answered. “Though, they would have only met once.”

            Link paused, and thought for a moment. He glanced at the water, then back at Endeavor. “That wasn’t…it wasn’t…”

            Endeavor nodded. “I do believe that the woman you saw, that you and Mirum saw, appeared to be your mother.”