Chapter: 17

~Joy

Gaby and I went out to the mall this morning and not once did she say anything about this morning and for that I was grateful. But I couldn't help but feel guilty. "Gaby....I'm sorry I lied...and I do trust you...its just that I'm still scared...everyone I trusted either left me or hurt me...I'm just sorry" I say as I hold her hand and look down

"Joy its alright you don't have to apologize but you still did have to lie to us. We worry about you. If we don't know how you feel how do you think we will be able to help if you act like nothing is wrong when there is" she said as she pulled me into a hug. When we pulled apart we smiled at each other and kept going into and out of stores.

After going to all the stores she said that we were going to an amusement park. I have never been to one of those before so you can say i was pretty excited. Once we were close I saw the name of the amusement park it said Six Flags we went in and showed the membership card which Gaby by surprise gave me my own.  There were a lot of people which got me all nervous, I guess Gaby could tell because she grabbed my hand and squeezed it. As if to tell me everything is fine nothing going to happen to me.

We went from ride to ride. Till I decided to be bold and get on the superman and I also made Gaby get on with me. "Joy if I die I will come back and hunt you" she said as the ride was going up "I think I just regret it know" i said as we were right on the peak and stopped. "to late now" Gaby yelled as the ride went down. I got this weird feeling in my stomach. Gaby was yelling like crazy right next to me like it was the end of the world. 

When we got off the ride I felt very happy and I sort wanted to go on it again. "hey Gaby can we go again?" I ask as I hold on to her arm "don't even think about it, if you want to get on that killer ride bring Logan with you next time, cuz I am lucky to be alive" she said.  Then her phone started ringing  so she answered "hello.....is it time?....okay we will be there.....give us 20minute...okay bye" she hung up and looked at me "we have to go back home Logan is  worried" she said as she took my hand dragged me to the exit. 

Once we got home I noticed that it was quiet....to quiet. We made our way to the door. Gaby walked in first and when I step in it was dark "Gaby...Logan...where are you guys...why is it so dark?" I ask as I try to look for the light. All of a sudden the lights went on and a lot of people jumped out saying "happy birthday Luna!!!!!"  I screamed and got on the floor "please don't hurt me" I say as I curl into a ball.

"Shit" I heard someone say "Joy don't be scared. No one will hurt you alright" Logan said as he picks me up. I look around to see everyone look at me. "Sorry Luna we didn't mean to scare you" they said I smile up at them "no worries I'm just a bit delicate" I say and they nod "okay everyone let's go to the backyard to present your Luna" Logan said

Once we head out Logan guides me to the stage and speaks "Good afternoon everyone and welcome to today's celebration. I am honored to present my beautiful mate...your Luna Joy." I step up and see all of them cheer only a few gave me jealous looks and glares "I want all of you to treat her with the same respect as you do to me. She has had a very rough past as her old pack abused her to the point she almost died." They all growled when they heard that "putting that aside to day is her birthday" I put my hand on his to let him know I would like to speak and he nods "Hello everyone I am truly grateful for all of you to attend and make this birthday come true. As you all know my name is Joy Roman I am an Alphas daughter. I came from the 'half moon pack' and today in a couple of hours I will have my second shift. Today I promise to become the best Luna." When I finish they all cheer

"You did great love" Logan said as he pecked my lips and turn his attention to the pack "let's enjoy" he said and the music was on full blast many came to greet me and welcome me into the pack. I felt at home...I finally felt like I fit in.

The party went on it was the best party I've had in years.

Everything was going fine till I felt a pain run through my body "Logan I think I'm shifting" was all I said as everything and everyone grew quiet...