Chapter 13: Breadcrumbs

Start from the beginning

Ron felt as if he was ready to explode. So that bloody prick was hitting her. If he hit Hermione in front of his daughter, he can only imagine what he did to her while she was pregnant.

"There are bad men chasing us now. Every time we go and hide, they find us. So Mummy told me about the safe place. She said that Daddy and other nice people would be there and keep us safe." said Tatiana starting to tear up. "The bad men say that Mummy has something that the evil one wants, but she won't tell me what it is."

"The evil one is old Moldy Voldy I'd gather." said George. The others nodded.

"What's a Voldy?" asked Tatiana.

"You don't need to know. Now what were you saying, little love?" asked Ron, trying his very best not to lose it in front of her.

Tatiana shot another mean glance at Draco. Her eyes kept saying back and forth over to him and random people and things in the room while she spoke.

"We kept trying to floo over to the safe place, but Mummy said it must be broke because the fireplaces kept spitting us back out. We have been doing it for a long time."

Molly gasped and clutched Bill's shoulder. "Oh no. When the fireplace was acting up. Dear, we prevented them from coming here!" Molly sobbed.

"We didn't know." said Bill in a soft but very sorrowful voice. "Had I even had a clue..."

"It's fine." said Ron. "None of us knew."

"We had to leave the house when it was really dark out." continued Tatiana. "Mummy took me to Auntie Ari's and we stayed there for a little while, but the bad men and Father Krum found us. Mummy said that we would try one last time and wanted me to go first. She said she would be right behind me. So she pushed me into the fireplace and threw the floo powder on me and screamed out some word. And then I was here. But she didn't follow."

"Did you and your Mum move around a lot?" asked Fred. “Do you know where?”

"I don't know. I just went where she would go. I remember staying somewhere for a long time that Mummy said was a muggle place. It had a really big and pretty clock. But then after a while we went back to Sofia."

"Muggle London. Shit...sorry love." said Ron. "They were in Muggle London and we had no idea."

Ron put his face in his hands. Tatiana ran over to him and started to rub his back."

"Its okay Daddy, bad things happen sometimes. But good things happen too." said Tatiana in an almost motherly voice, causing the group to look at her strangely.

Mummy cried a lot too. And when I said what she would tell me, she would feel better. I thought it would work on Daddy." said Tatiana.

"You poor dear." said Molly. "You've had to be strong for your Mummy a lot, haven't you?"

Tatiana simply shrugged and continued to rub Ron's back.

"Not much to go on. said Draco. "Maybe we should try to get in touch with this aunt of hers."

Tatiana turned and glared at the sound of Draco's voice. Draco looked back at the girl, bewildered.

"Something about me you don't like, love?" he asked her.

"You look like one of those bad men. The evil unicorn.” growled Tatiana.

Ginny gasped and looked at Draco, who seemed stunned.

"I'm sorry? I look like who?"

"The evil unicorn. He's a bad man with long white hair, just like yours." said Tatiana suspiciously.